DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

Does the extra ram spead help in gaming or video editing?

Just accounting for the memory speed it seems to make a proportional increase in memory intensive applications.

Using NERO version 7 products, I can see measureable increases in performance. I spent over 40 hours this weekend capturing, editing and encoding video at different settings to measure just such performance.

If the application is performance limited by the hard drives, CPU or Video system, it obviously won't make any difference.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DFI Infinity Ultra II M2 711 BIOS

AM2 3800 1.55Vcore(cpu-z is incorrect)

OCZ 2x512 DDR667 2.2Vdimm

EVGA 6600GT

WD 80Gb ATA100

Rosewill 500W PSU

Also no problem at high HTT. I have tested 5 other boards that had trouble at 280 with these same parts. Note SuperPI is a little faster then my other screenie....

dfiultra2m2072606-9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the board today, sent back an Asus M2N-E that was causing me nothing but problems.

I see you getting a good overclock going and as wondering if you could help me with my memory settings, I've nearly worn out the CMOS jumper already :sweat:

I had a Gigabyte 939 so not used to so many options on the Ram settings and have no clue. :sad:

Also no problem at high HTT. I have tested 5 other boards that had trouble at 280 with these same parts.

5 other DFI boards or other brands?

Can't wait for this board to be available down under...having mostly trouble with my gigabyte M55SLI-S4.

I have problem with this board. It's cannot display but fan on cpu still running. Here my spec:

DFI Infinity Ultra II M2

AM2 x2 3800

Corsair Value Select 2x512 DDR667 micron

Leadtek Winfast 7800GT

WD 200GB sata II

Enermax FMA 535 watt PSU

Isn't because cannot compatiable with my ram? I'm can't update latest bios since it's doenst come out display.:sad:

hey ppl....

im lookin into gettin this board seein how Great my DFI board now is and im havin a hard time findin good mem....all these ppl are sayin its incompat with there mobos....

can anyone say that they know of any mem that has a very high chance of workin...

the Vantec cooler works on the chipset, as does the Thermalright HR-05 fanless heatpipe chipset cooler

I have the normal HR-05 installed on one, and will be installing the new HR-05 SLI version on another board today

Which Vantec? Cause I've been trying to fit Vantec IceberQ, it doesn't fit no matter what I tried, there is 1 cap hitting mounting hole frame on IceberQ.