Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

In some weeks I will be getting a new pc and I'm considering this mainboard. I have done some research but I am still stuck with some questions:

If I buy DDR2 800, will it boot as 667 or does it have a settings for DDR2 800 also?

DDR2 800 comes as 1.9v - 2.1v stock, will it boot 2.1v memory?

Will the chipset need a new heatsink or will it be fine running at 58c?

Yes, there is a setting for DDr2 800 RAM

It should boot fine. You can set your volts from from 1.8 to 2.5 I believe.

My chipeset has yet to go over 60c and it's overclocked and I've upped the voltage on the chipset. My k9n platinum (rma'd that board and got the dfi) ran at like 70c idle. But feel free to upgrade the chipset HSF. It can't hurt. Check out Thermalright for chipset HSF's.

Bottom line, this is a FANTASTIC board and it's under $100. I haven't had a SINGLE problem with mine yet. Would recommend it to everyone.

Yes, there is a setting for DDr2 800 RAM

It should boot fine. You can set your volts from from 1.8 to 2.5 I believe.

My chipeset has yet to go over 60c and it's overclocked and I've upped the voltage on the chipset. My k9n platinum (rma'd that board and got the dfi) ran at like 70c idle. But feel free to upgrade the chipset HSF. It can't hurt. Check out Thermalright for chipset HSF's.

Bottom line, this is a FANTASTIC board and it's under $100. I haven't had a SINGLE problem with mine yet. Would recommend it to everyone.

If it has a setting for DDR2 800, why do all sites list that it supports up to DDR2 667?

Also, would this board be good to go with a socket AM2 Opteron 1210?

If it has a setting for DDR2 800, why do all sites list that it supports up to DDR2 667?

I think all Opterons are good, but why would you want to use this processor?

Perhaps DFI wants to downplay this lovely, strurdy yet affordable baby of his own, it sells for half the price of LP 590, right ? :P J/K

DDR 800 module's clearly supported with this MoBo, as my BIOS shows the exact option in DRAM configuration table. Pushed my cheapo Patriot Signature Line 1 Gb x1 -single channel- @2.2v, reaching DDR2 1000 @5-4-5-13-16 2T at this point and have yet to find its limit. :eek2:

I think all Opterons are good, but why would you want to use this processor?

I guess Opterons come from selected & more thoroughly tested silicon, but still the latest A64 rev in AM2 socket OCing very well on average, so the premium isn't really worth it IMHO.

Well I think the Opteron 1210 is a nice processor coming with 2 x 1mb cache. And all the other X2's here (in Holland) only have 2 x 512. Also it uses a Santa Ana core.. and I'm really curious how it would overclock as I haven't seen a single overclocking result from those. Anyway, you guys sure it supports the AM2 Opterons?

Hy I'm buying my infinity ultra m2 wednesday so I would like to know whta is there to know about theese motherboard what should I watch out for.

I asked the same question a while back. Nobody told me to read the first post of this thread so I won't tell you either. ;)

I might have saved 4 hours of setup time, otherwise....

I asked the same question a while back. Nobody told me to read the first post of this thread so I won't tell you either. ;)

Not nice.

I didn't c it posted on the Bios update notes but I gave it a shot anyway... NO Memtest. Had a feeling it wasn't there as it is usually an LP included test.

I'ts hard for me to get memtest since my Bootable CD doesn't seem to work with this AM Ultra and I'm not buying and going through the hassle of a floppy for memtest.