DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

If tis not fitting then you have to be doing something wrong... Everyone else is having success with flying colors with that heatsink.

I could take a pic of the cap that got a nice scratch as I blindly tried to put it on as I thought it was going to be a nice fit. I can show the surgery I had to do to get it to fit in place. My temps also seem to be hovering a few degrees higher now.

I think I'm gonna pop it off.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine also pushes against the cap but not enough to concern me. If I ever pop it off again, I will simply cut some of the clip off with wire cutters; no big deal. I had to do this (cut the tip of the clip off) on the mounting bracket arm for my AC Freezer which was pushing against the ram in slot one enough to cause it to bend in the socket. A little trimming and now no worries.

Note, my Evercool dropped my chipset temps from 56 to 46. I'll take that.

I got my system just the other day, it took a bit of messing around but I got it all working.

The only bad thing about my motherboard is that I can't go into the top section in the bios, the name of the section escapes me, but it has all the cdroms and hdd setup.

When I go into this top section the board freezes and nothing will happen, I restart and everything is fine. Is there anyone with this same problem?

Should I keep this mobo or send for anotherone?

Thanks for your help!

sounds like u got either the 4-pin atx connector or the cpu fan connector shorted, i would say RMA time

I RMAed the previous board and just got the replacement tonight. However I am having a problem with this one as well. It reboots immediately after I hear the post beep. I have not been able to get into the BIOS.

I tried each stick of RAM individually that didn't work. I tried clearing the CMOS that didn't work. I even tried it without my video card and I got the video error beep code and then it immediately rebooted after that.

Once again any help would be appreciated. I am at a loss here.

Do you guys get any weird CPU temp reading ? I overclocks an Orleans 3200+ up to 2.68 GHz stock Vcore, with just using the stock HSF to boot, yet the temp never goes over 45 C in OCCT torture & SP2004 small FFT test. The idle temp is between 27-29 C, while my ambient room temp is 31 C -i live in the hot & humid Jakarta, with the tropical climate as my OCing enemy.

I just worry that the MoBo understates the actual CPU temp, cause AFAIK the idle CPU temp shouldn't go below the ambient room temp, if we use aircooling. CMIIW

OTOH, i indeed has a decent case with good airflow going in & out, the system temp never goes above 35 C, while having a hot X1900 XT and an underperforming chipset HSF to deal with.

I RMAed the previous board and just got the replacement tonight. However I am having a problem with this one as well. It reboots immediately after I hear the post beep. I have not been able to get into the BIOS.

I tried each stick of RAM individually that didn't work. I tried clearing the CMOS that didn't work. I even tried it without my video card and I got the video error beep code and then it immediately rebooted after that.

Once again any help would be appreciated. I am at a loss here.

I do not have the AM2 yet.

I have had this sort of problem before and it was due to the memory being defective, or not compatable with the chipset.

Might look into this and see what goes.

I do not have the AM2 yet.

I have had this sort of problem before and it was due to the memory being defective, or not compatable with the chipset.

Might look into this and see what goes.

The memory worked fine with the previous motherboard before it died, so it does not seem like it could be a compatibility issue. Is it possible that both sticks of RAM could have gone bad? I don't have any other DDR2 sticks laying around to test out.

The memory worked fine with the previous motherboard before it died, so it does not seem like it could be a compatibility issue. Is it possible that both sticks of RAM could have gone bad? I don't have any other DDR2 sticks laying around to test out.

Just to be on the safe side, I would call the vender where you purchased the memory. Explain to them what is going on.

RMA it if necessary.

This way you would be assured it is not the memory.

Is the memory model # you have this::PQI25400-1GDB

This is the model # for your MB.

Is the memory model # you have this::PQI25400-1GDB

The memory model # is PQI25400-2GDB

This is the model # for your MB.

I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that this model # is recommended for the mobo?

So you think that it is more likely for the problem to be that both sticks of RAM went bad rather than that there is something wrong with the new mobo? Because I was leaning toward another RMA of the mobo. Is there any possibility that it could be a problem with the CPU?

The memory model # is PQI25400-2GDB

I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that this model # is recommended for the mobo?

So you think that it is more likely for the problem to be that both sticks of RAM went bad rather than that there is something wrong with the new mobo? Because I was leaning toward another RMA of the mobo. Is there any possibility that it could be a problem with the CPU?

I did not even mention your cpu.

What I gave you is the proper memory model for your MB.

If you do not have that model #, maybe you should call the vender you purchased the memory from and ask him to exchange for the proper model #.

Actually after looking at his model #, it looks as if there is a difference of 1gb and 2gb.

Maybe this is the right memory for the board.

I still would RMA the memory, looks as if that is more of a problem, unless he has a severe heat problem.

How more plain could you ask me to be.

I am putting this together tomorrow a second time, first board was RMA back as it kept losing the RAID controller whenever I added new hardware. I wondered if you guys had any helpful advice to make this time easier. It ran awesome with the cooling and my Tai-Chi case but it didn't last long. I just can't keep my hands out of it, LOL

I wondered if you could see any problems I may have using this hardware? I will keep reading all these posts as they are the best advice I have found so far. Thanks for all the testing you are doing. I will be overclocking it after I play with it at stock speeds for a while so any advice there would be helpfull as well. I expect that will be next week sometime when I start my OC testing. Thanks again guys for all your doing!!:)