Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

Guest Dice
JI would like to overclock my 4200+ from 2.2 to 2.4 and get the memory running it it's proper 800MHz. Is it as simple as changing the clock speed and multiplier to 218x11 to equal 2400MHz and then watching the temp and stability? If anyone has any words of wisdom before I begin believe me they would be highly appreciated. I don't want to wreck this CPU right after installing it.

Run SP (StressPrime) for at least 8 hours once you decide on a final overclock setting to give it a reasonably thorough test. If there's any errors detected you can bump your vCore up a fraction.

Check temps before and after. Increase HTT in small increments if you want to be real safe and test with SP blend test a bit at a time till you get to 218 HTT x 11. Your RAM might need some extra volts for 4-4-4 @ DDR 800 too, don't be afraid to use all the voltage it's rated for.

Hey guys

I have another thread opened here @ the dfi street, but since this is an official Infinity Ultra M2 thread I'll post some of my questions.

Currently I have this OC settings:

- DDR400 @DDR600 2T 4-4-4-12 @2.0V

- HTT 300, HT multi 3x @1.2V HT link

- CPU @2.4GHz 8x300MHz with 1.425V

- Vchip 1.6V (stock voltage)

- +12V rail stable @12.02V (measured with a multimeter)

Temps under load: 40°C CPU, 60°C chpset and ~24°C case temp. It's stable since 2 weeks ago, not a single lockup.

My problem is that @301 HTT it's all dust and bones :mad: it fails prime almost right away, reboots and it all culminated yesterday evening when I tried these settings for HTT310:

- HT Link @1.35V

- set the ram 2T

- set the ram 2T 5-5-5-15-26

- lift Vcore eventually up to 1.65V. The temp remained below 50°C under OCCT

- lift Vram up to 2.2V, and after that to 2.3V at the same loose timings

As I said in the other thread, I managed to corrupt some critical win files and now I have to reinstall or repair it.

After some (not all) the unsuccessful OCs the mobo, when booting, couldn't manage to start the integrated sound codec. Sometimes some of the USB don't work, but after a reboot @300HTT all goes fine.

Thaughts on this.... I'm walking in complete darkness, I have no idea what could be happening.

So can anyone translate that BIOS thats modded to smthn that I can update via DOS?Since I don't really trust booting from windows.When I tested it it was pretty the FSB went further.

Pretty good then but what is your max OC?On the RAM.I might at least try to get max ram results.I dunno I might be going 4 intel since this AM2 has dissapointed me very much.Not cause of the board or so but AMD did a lousy job keeping up with Intel.I'm very dissapointed.

James, I bow to your wisdom :P I have put the ram on the far side of the CPU and my OC started to move again. I'm in the middle of testing for stability @305 HTT to brake the previous best and it's running quite OK. I'll keep you posted.

BTW AsAsIn8eR, I know something on Romanian: "Hai noroc frate", I have some friends around here from Ro.