Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

Testing the CFX3200 back to back with the same hardware on this Ultra2 and the 1 thing I have no idea on is why im struggling to do 1T on the ultra2 where I had no issues on the CFX. Then I pushes the HTT and im sat here priming 1120 on the ram 2T where i got a little lower on the CFX...weird!!

Nice boards though, all we need is a hacked SLI diver for G80 and you have 16X x2 on the CFX ;)

Did any of you try the modded BIOS?I tried it and I reached higher FSB but I dont understand some settings there the ones that were added what are they for?Can anyone do it to be diamond flash or smthn?I dont have a floppy drive and I would like to flash it via dos not windows.Thnx

I didnt test it much.I just tried the higher FSB I didnt try higher clocks in CPU cause it is crappy I tested FSB and it was about 425 the problem is that I flashed from windows since 'm missing a floppy unit.Thats why I want an alternative to flash via DOS.

Just an update as promised, my timings are now running at 4.0-4-4-12-22 and the memory is at a slightly faster 371.0MHz per DIMM(so 742MHz for DDR2). I think using the 2T command rate gave the corsair memory a small boost in clock speed.

I would like to overclock my 4200+ from 2.2 to 2.4 and get the memory running it it's proper 800MHz. Is it as simple as changing the clock speed and multiplier to 218x11 to equal 2400MHz and then watching the temp and stability? If anyone has any words of wisdom before I begin believe me they would be highly appreciated. I don't want to wreck this CPU right after installing it.

First of all get the multiplier down to 10 this will give you extra boost in ram speed.Then set the fsb to 240 for 2400 or whatever ya want.Then cet down the fsb/nb ratio to 3 then incerase the cpu voltage to like 1.5if necesarry.This should be enough.Then you mess with the ram divider and look for the outcome in the current ram speed that is below.If needed mess with the timings I can't help you there since I'm still learning theese new timings.

Did any of you try the modded BIOS?I tried it and I reached higher FSB but I dont understand some settings there the ones that were added what are they for?Can anyone do it to be diamond flash or smthn?I dont have a floppy drive and I would like to flash it via dos not windows.Thnx

I have unhid all the options in my bios here, TRAS4 etc etc. What you have in the standard bios is enough unless your version has tweakes to the memory timings?

HI everyone

i currently have a ASUS M2N-E that i'm going to sell 'cause it has the vdimm to low, and some other bugs

the system is:

AMD ATHLON 3000+ (aiming for 3ghz)

DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (soon)

A-data DDR2 800 extreme edition (4-4-4-12)

Power color X1800gto with HR-03

Sound Blaster 24bit

LC POWER 550W Green Power

Aerocool Aeroengine 2

lots of fans

my doubt is:

will the ram work without problems?

and will a thermalright si-128 fit the board?

thanks in advance :)

Asus' aren't bad but IMO HIGHLY overrated. You're getting a better board and you should OC decently now. One of the top 3 boards in the $100 and lower.

it's going to be my first dfi mobo, i hope is good :)

i don't know if i can say this but ASUS is CRAP :mad:

i'm not going to buy one unless for cheap systems, the M2N-E is my last one