Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

Guest Dice
An Athlon 64 doesn't interest me :/ to expensive for what is it.

I am waiting for 0.065 AM2 cpu :)

I'm waiting for the these CPU's too. I would go for the cheapest Opteron, but I'll wait for these 65nm chips first :)

Progerien, ofcourse if your upgrade path is directed toward dual core CPU, the 65 nano fabricated AX2 would be the ideal upgrade path for U. But i think for its price, single core AM2 3000+/3200+ is a decent stopgap before getting that dual core one. :)

I just built a new computer for my friend, and we're having some problems with booting from the hard drive. We formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows, but it won't boot up. After the "semi-installation" from the Windows CD, the computer is supposed to reboot to the hard drive to continue installation. However, instead of booting, it just says something like boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. When we put in a different hard drive and tried to install Windows, it said "Disk read error, press Ctrl+Alt+Del" at the same place. The motherboard is the Infinity NF UltraII-M2, and the hard drive is a 120GB Western Digital PATA.

I'll second this (although I only have one Ultra-II). Super solid (not one problem ever) and easy overclocking on my X2.

You're kidding! I hate reading this! The board may be sweet but my x2 has caused nothing but grief (there's a thread below if you wanna help??). I'm thinking of feeding it to my dog.

The Opterons seem to be doing well. Right around 3Ghz and a tad under.

@n3wb - Try bios settings and make sure u have the IDE in right place.

Also I had that issue and it was a hot DVD player... It can't be the board.. I dont believe. Issue has to be elsewhere. Maybe wrong jumpers?

Hey I finally did some testing with my rig and have a few questions.Does this board have the hardware firewall ioncorporated does it indeed have sata 2?One more thing can you give em some reference timings for ddr2?I currently run at ddr1040 with 5-5-5-15-19 at 2.3v.

Guest Dice
Does this board have the hardware firewall ioncorporated does it indeed have sata 2?One more thing can you give em some reference timings for ddr2?I currently run at ddr1040 with 5-5-5-15-19 at 2.3v.

- Not sure about firewall - I never saw the option when installing the drivers.

- Yes it has Sata 2

- Since your timings are already loose I don't see you getting much further without more voltage (although my RAM doesn't react to move than 2.3v). I would change timing 19 up above 20. I've seen some RAM with like 5-6-6-15-22 or 18-26 for the last 2 timings. I tried it with my RAM but not much difference compared to my usual 5-5-5-12-20 when trying to achieve max clock.

Hey all, I'm new to DFI-Street and hoping to get some help with my newly purchased DFI/AM2 system. Any help or input at all would be greatly appreciated and I will update all progress made here.

I'll get straight to the point. I spent a fair amount of scrilla getting two matching DDR2-800 RAM DIMMs with very low latencies. The problem I'm having is that they're running at 736MHz stock and with a higher latency, as I think the following illustrations should show. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/JSharp18/ramspeed.jpg (sorry for low res, photobucket sux)

The RAM has EPP but the Mobo does not. It does however support DDR2-800. When I set the DDR2 speed to 800MHz in the bios, even though the setting will indeed switch to DDR2-800, it will still read 736 in the bios, in boot-up and in cpu-z.

I've read that the 4200 stock speed is what limits the ram to 736MHz. Now keep in mind I'm completely new to over clocking, but my question to anyone is this: is it possible to get the CPU and RAM both running at optimal speeds and at the same time? Secondly, how can I accomplish this? Is it as simple as changing the CPU clock speed and multiplier?

Cheers,

Justin

Guest Dice
I've read that the 4200 stock speed is what limits the ram to 736MHz. Now keep in mind I'm completely new to over clocking, but my question to anyone is this: is it possible to get the CPU and RAM both running at optimal speeds and at the same time? Secondly, how can I accomplish this? Is it as simple as changing the CPU clock speed and multiplier?

It's true that this is due to the multiplier. Any 11x multi chip (like 3500+) suffers from this symptom of lower RAM speed using 800 divider. You need to google the 'AM2 Divider Table' for the full answer there or find in this forum it was posted somewhere...

Just by changing your multi to 10x your RAM will be running at 800MHz. But then your CPU will be 200MHz slower ofcourse. You will have to overclock CPU OR overclock RAM to have both running at, at least their rated speeds.

With your Corsair RAM it defaults for loose timings for compatibility - it's not the fault of this board. Change them manually in bios to achieve your 4-4-4 timings.

Some examples of settings to try:

218x11 = 2400MHz and DDR2 800 <- cpu may handle this with no extra vcore

220x10 = 2200MHz and DDR2 880 <- might need a bit more vDimm

But ofcourse personally I'd see how far CPU clocks, and then how far RAM clocks and then decide what is the best setting.

Some examples of settings to try:

218x11 = 2400MHz and DDR2 800 <- cpu may handle this with no extra vcore

220x10 = 2200MHz and DDR2 880 <- might need a bit more vDimm

But ofcourse personally I'd see how far CPU clocks, and then how far RAM clocks and then decide what is the best setting.

Aside from cooling, which is well taken care of, are there any other precautions I should take before upping the proc speed? Thanks for the help.