DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the site, would like to start by saying hello to all.

Well as you can see from my sig, I do not own a DFI board yet, I just ordered one so I should be receiving it tomorrow. I ordered the DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2, I currently own a Gigabyte board based on the Nvidia 570 Sli chipset, but decided to sell it off and buy a DFI mobo. The reason behind this is that gigabyte has terrible, the worst costumer support. Anyways to make things short the gigabyte board is a terrible overcloocker, and doesnt have a PCI bus lock. Does DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 have a pci bus lock? I sure hope so because its the reason Im changing boards.

Oh and one more question, does the scythe ninja fit on this board or will I have problems?

anyway.... is there anybody using TT Big Typhoon on UII-M2?

Hey there, I searched the AM2 section and couldnt find the answer to this question. Anybody knows if TTBT fits dfi ultra II board?

I know that TTBT VX fits but what about regular TTBT? Any special brackets required?

I got the Single core am2 3800+ 2.4 Ghz for $109 from newegg.com. I personally believe it's the best bang for the buck. Just don't get the 35 watt model when you go am2 if you plan on overclocking. I believe the 3800+ only comse as the 65w model. But for a $100 processor, it kick some serious booty. And hopefully you can upgrade when 65nm comes out.