cant setup raid

I recently bought a new raptor 74g and want to run a raid-0 but when i run the setup from post-cmos, i cant set up the array, says not enough single drives in the array.

The hdds are posted as being number 1 and number 3, wonder if that has something to do with it. they are 8mb cache, sata150 of course, and i really need help with this as i am without a computer with quakecon coming up next week.

You would need to go back in the Bios and make sure you have all your RAID settings enabled (Raid Controller, and couple more settings here and there) sorry i don't remember. I hope this helps...

i have not formatted either of them but they are both recognized correctly, plugged in, etc. i did a format c: /q on the only drive and just plugged the new one in. i was gonna i guess im using uli, its the 1.5 speed on bottom of mobo. im at work or i would look. they werent recognized when plugged into the 3.0gb/s sata ports. i enabled raid and everything and can get to the raid setup menu, but when i try to set up the array, it says not enough single disks.

i had planned on setting up the raid, going into windows installer, and formatting the drives/install windows in that order.

Sure you selected Create Stripe array (2 disks) or sth like that.

It s the first option, and you have to set the stripe size before you chose to create an array, otherwise you're on 16k...

ChkDsk

i selected raid 0 (stripped) at auto size stripe, and it still didnt work. so i tried manually setting it to different sizes (16k, 64k, etc), still no luck. im still wondering about the 1 and 3 numbers on the drives. maybe if i plug one of em into a different slot...but i didnt think that mattered and theyre my only drives. very odd, i dont know what to do.

Guest Retratserif

I dont think Raptors are Sata 3.0gb, you may have to just have them in the Sata 150's ports. I couldnt get a 3.0gb to registor in Sata 150 on my Asus. I didnt try it on the Expert though.

no theyre not 3.0gb but they weren't recognized in the 150 ports. dont know why, maybe ill try to fiddle with it tonight and see what happens. any more help would be greatly appreciated, as i am going home soon and dont have a computer to look at :P

• 2 weeks later...

finally fixed it. was trying to setup sil array instead of uli. moved sata cables to uli ports and setup raid like a charm, did as the manual said and it worked this time!! really fast windows startup, just btw. :)