Sign in to follow this  
ISSA2000

expert bios fails to shut down at set temp.....

bios version: 4/6/2006 nf-ck804

current bios i think.

tested in windows and via the bios screen

set to shut down on cpu overheat at 60

+10 temp offset..

120m fan 2300rpm 80cmf (used bck end of screwdriver to stop fan blades from spinning, 0 rpm showing in bios + mbm5

in winows temp got to 83 d celc before restarting the computer.

then tryed bios monitoring, same test cpu got to 100, stop test at that time.

cpu throttling is disabled .

tested on clocked and default non clocked system...

is the cpu shutdown feature work-- does throttling hafe to be on?

also ide channel 2 (wd ide 8m 320 g hdd) when ripping from any burner (i have 5) to this drive only dries goes from dma 5 to pio 4 (via hardware ide drivers) and slows down...

when you copy files from 1 hdd to that drive its ok,

replaced all cables and combinationd of drives..

does not to it on the ide 1 port, just 2nd port...

Not a good idea dude, you don't ever want your Dual Core hitting over 65c which is more likely the max since it's a Toledo core. Have you tried other settings, like something lower than 60c or is that the lowest? +10 means over 60 right? Does it have 50c +10 or even lower offset?

Very Important Never ever do that again, stopping the fan for god knows how long and hitting those temperature on a toledo core, you're lucky you didn't kill the processor. I hope this helps...

Try flashing to Tony's Beta Bios for the Expert only...

04/06

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22031

Not a good idea dude, you don't ever want your Dual Core hitting over 65c which is more likely the max since it's a Toledo core. Have you tried other settings, like something lower than 60c or is that the lowest? +10 means over 60 right? Does it have 50c +10 or even lower offset?

Very Important Never ever do that again, stopping the fan for god knows how long and hitting those temperature on a toledo core, you're lucky you didn't kill the processor. I hope this helps...

04/06

safe limit before stability is 65 (via amd specs doc) but chip goes to 80+ before crashing...(restarting) in win at full load

the shutdown does not work..

under full load (100%) both cores it does not crash till 80+ in windows on full load

same chip on asus board crashes at 69.

asus shutdown works if set...

dfi expert does not.. has anyone else tested it.... with a stoped fan plug in (0 rpm)

my temp is out +10d i add +10 and it give me the correct temp, via software (new) caLABRIATION, and analog temp probe under heatsink... (-/+1d)

i tried cpu throttling at 85% (on) no difference ....

I honestly don't know if my shut down works. I think I'll pass on testing it though. :)

it still does not shut down..

can someone test this...

(its for saftey measures when im using water cooling.. )

04/06

got my toledo to 95c while doing some experaments with a pelt it was fine (stock volts and clocks) the pelt shut down accidentaly doesnt suprise me that it survived btw worst i expected was a crash but it didnt even do that

o yeah i also have a problem with this mobo running hdds in pio mode it happens on usb and ide it is real anoying it brings my comp to a crawl what the heck?

got my toledo to 95c while doing some experaments with a pelt it was fine (stock volts and clocks) the pelt shut down accidentaly doesnt suprise me that it survived btw worst i expected was a crash but it didnt even do that

o yeah i also have a problem with this mobo running hdds in pio mode it happens on usb and ide it is real anoying it brings my comp to a crawl what the heck?

i have 1 320wd 8m ide hdd, (mode 5 ultra) if i rip a a dvd from any dvd burner to that drive, it will (during clone dvd2) turn the drive to pio 4..

(any dvd on) 6.0.1.1

so i did TEST with any dvd on and then off...

(allready copyed movie) (of my own dvd birthday party (18th) very old movey converted from tape etc..

while any dvd is off (grey) clone rip & converted to that ide drive no prob..

turn anydvd on and did the same (cause hdd to slow down to pio 4)

so.. it any dvd that does it, please note ripping to a sata hdd hass no problems, just the ide hdd...

must be a bug with anydvd...

(i thaught it was my hardware, but it was software..)