Amd K9 To Debut At 10ghz

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not only FSB, but RAM timings and other buses as well, but other buses are run off the FSB most of the time.

Maybe instead of moving further and further in clock speeds, we should take a step back and get a new RAM idea. RAM as basically been the same for ever, only the packaging as gotten better and therefore the chips are faster. DDR and DDRII are nice steps in the right direction, but maybe RAM as we know it should be bulit out of a different material or a different design concept totally.

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid: crap you...said everything i was going to grr

not so. cyrix is messing with 2.4ghz with just a heatsink. granted a 1ghz celron / duron out runs it... but I give them credit for looking at better cooling solutions by looking at the chip not the actual cooling unit.

that neoseekers.com or whatever looks like a big phony tabloid page. entertaining, but rumors rumors rumors.

by the way, i always thought the major bottleneck in a computer was the hard drive. now i am confused beyond the point of no return.

maybe the k9 will be made out of diamonds

Uh...Diamonds are not conductive. How would making a CPU out of them help...?

Trios

Trios that was internet sarcasm. :P

Ah, I didn't know. I had heard someone on here earlier saying (seriously) that they thought the P5 was going to be made with diamonds, and bigred shot him down with that comment, so I figured I'd save him the typing...

Trios