Sign in to follow this  
SaFrOuT

Mouse lag and hang

i am using logitech MX-510 on the USB port

i have tried everything like installing and n-installing the logitech software, changing the usb port

but still the mouse hang for a sec every 1 min or so during normal usage of computer and even during gaming

i also want to know what si the best settings for the USB section in the bois ( i attached an image to show what i mean )

can it be a windows error?? is there a service i disabled which causes this lag/hang around every minute ?

or the USB on my mobo is dying

slidrbios4fg0.jpg

i am using bois NF4LD406

I used a lazer mouse for a while and it was double clicking for me I just wanted a single clk and it got where I unpluged it and put my old one back on and the problem is gone. Nomore double clks..

It shouldn't do that. I have the MX518 and it works perfectly, and its connected to the USB port.

Did you installed the latest driver from Logitech or from the CD?

Try enabling USB mouse support at BIOS and see if there is any diference. I think there won't be any, but its worth the try. Also try connecting the mouse to a diferent USB port.

Check device manager and see if an aplication use the CPU a lot during these mouse lag moments, maybe the problem is related to some software you have installed and didn't noticed it with the PS-2 mouse.

no procces or app using the cpu at all, and i am using a dual core anyway

i already said that i have tried changing the usb port, the software

and the mouse was working perfectly for more than 8 months now

also i sometime face something wierd, after the lag the mouse's motion speed decrease very very much and to fix it i need to reboot or remove the mosue from the usb port and attach it again

i have been using it in the PS/2 port for the last couple of hours with no problems at all

i hope it will be a software issue cause i hate seeing my ultra-D dying

i have been using it in the PS/2 port for the last couple of hours with no problems at all

i hope it will be a software issue cause i hate seeing my ultra-D dying

Is there any reason why you can't use the USB to PS-2 adapter? If it works then its ok I guess. What version of Setpoint drivers are you using?

cause PS/2 has only 100hz rate while using usb i can increase it to 500hz which is much better in gaming

@liquidfire

so u only clreaed the CMOS and it was solved ?

well after using the PS/2 port for sometime now i also noticed the same problem with it

the problem seems to be caused by the mouse , i think it is dying

when the mouse lag or slowdown its motion the special button on it doesn't work also , the one for quick tab between windows

Hmm, can you test it again on a diferent system... the idea of a Logitech mouse dying isn't right, but it is possible. Check out the cable integrity, the aquiles heal of wired mice... maybe there is a false contact at certain point and thus why the mouse lag sometimes, under certain movements.

The G5 is really cheap at Newegg, that would be a great upgrade if your MX510 has gone to mice heaven.