Sign in to follow this  
crazyjv69

Fried the opty?

Guest Kobalt

Cord out, battery out, jumper in clear position.

I'd say more of a 50/50 chance that it is dead. It shutoff almost instantly right?

That sucker's dead, I highly doubt it can survive that much voltage. That wouldn't have happened if you had updated the bios, since the higher options are disabled in the new ones.

I didnt mean to be snippy, but 2.1v is higher than what most record breakers with phase-cooling or liquid nitrogen are feeding their cpus.

Just RMA the processor and read the DFI Overclocking Guide. It'll work out.

Well if they ask, just tell them. I'm not sure what their policy is on overclocking damage, so If you do talk to AMD, I'd at least research their RMA policy because they may not accept it since it was overclocked.

that suckers dead

and AMD doesnt let you RAM processors you killed with your own stupidity, or even something not-so stupid so long as it was user error

and lying and trying to RMA probly wuldnt work either, not only would you have that guilt, bt im sure 2 V running through a CPU has to leave SOME sort of physical evidence

If your CPU is dead sorry for your lost. You can replace it with a 0pty 146 for around 120.

If you plan to overclock my I suggest some light reading. The Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking Guide. Then re-read it, and you will be surprised how much more info you’ll pick up.

Just RMA the processor and read the DFI Overclocking Guide. It'll work out.

NO ONE should recommend that you RMA that chip because you over volted.

Honesty and integrity is your true answer. If you try RMA the CPU that is fraud.

º¿º

Bad luck mate

im getting rid of a opti but Im in australia.

Ya nwever know though hopefully it may come good with a long cmos clear fingers crossed

It happens man, i understand, i just see how important voltage actully way. I wouldnt have got a 230$ power supply if i didnt think the power was important, i just didnt know you could fry chips without melting them, i thought it would start to overheat before anything and since my bios would autoshutdown and i monitor them anyways i figured it would be nice to see eh.

In this case it wasn't the temperature (=burn) it was the voltage that killed the CPU, it probably happened so fast that it didn't even get a chance to burn up before the power cut out.