can't boot with 2 sticks of ram.

i can't seem to get 2 sticks of ram to boot. i have a opty 170 as a cpu. i decided to remove the ihs. pirior to removing the ihs i have been able to run both stick in the mobo fine with oc. but now after removing the ihs. i can't seem to get the 2 sticks to run at the same time.

if i boot with 2 sticks of ram i seem to get 3 LED flashing. i can only run one ram on either the yellow or orange slot closest to the edge of the mobo. i can't run 1 stick of ram in either yellow or orange on the slots closest to the cpu. it's weird. i can't boot into bios with ram in yellow and orange near the edge of the board.

i wonder why this is a problem ? does anyone know how to soolve the problem? thanks

btw there are no physical damages on the pcb's on the cpu nor is there a crack core. i can run the comp fine but only on one stick of ram. i tried a 6+ hr cmos reset but didn't seem to cure the problem.

system basically won't get into any part of the bios with 2 sticks of ram and the mobo will show the 3 LED

Does either stick work properly or just one of them?

I would use memtest on each stick to see if they are both working properly.

both cna run properly. i don't know about memtest i have not memtest each of them. i can use either one and ti will boot to windows. but i can'ts use bother of them at the same time

i can't seem to get 2 sticks of ram to boot. i have a opty 170 as a cpu. i decided to remove the ihs. pirior to removing the ihs i have been able to run both stick in the mobo fine with oc. but now after removing the ihs. i can't seem to get the 2 sticks to run at the same time.

if i boot with 2 sticks of ram i seem to get 3 LED flashing. i can only run one ram on either the yellow or orange slot closest to the edge of the mobo. i can't run 1 stick of ram in either yellow or orange on the slots closest to the cpu. it's weird. i can't boot into bios with ram in yellow and orange near the edge of the board.

i wonder why this is a problem ? does anyone know how to soolve the problem? thanks

btw there are no physical damages on the pcb's on the cpu nor is there a crack core. i can run the comp fine but only on one stick of ram. i tried a 6+ hr cmos reset but didn't seem to cure the problem.

system basically won't get into any part of the bios with 2 sticks of ram and the mobo will show the 3 LED

Three led's mean that the CPU has been identified, but the RAM cannot be found. Just had that problem myself.

I booted with one stick in DDR 2 (Orange slot farthest from CPU.) and then powered down. Ran the other stick in the same slot and powered down. Then, I installed both sticks in DDR 2 and DDR 4 and cleared the CMOS and it has been fine since.

Who knows why?

Three led's mean that the CPU has been identified, but the RAM cannot be found. Just had that problem myself.

I booted with one stick in DDR 2 (Orange slot farthest from CPU.) and then powered down. Ran the other stick in the same slot and powered down. Then, I installed both sticks in DDR 2 and DDR 4 and cleared the CMOS and it has been fine since.

Who knows why?

i will be trying this. if it doesn't work then i'll memtest. let's hope for the good news. i'm sick of runnin 1 stick of ram. sucks to have the cpu bottlenecked with 1 stick of ram at 512mb

i will be trying this. if it doesn't work then i'll memtest. let's hope for the good news. i'm sick of runnin 1 stick of ram. sucks to have the cpu bottlenecked with 1 stick of ram at 512mb

i am able to boot up the comp with 2 stick of ram on the orange and yellow slots fartest away from the CPU. but not able to boot up with 2 sticks when i use both orange or both yellow. any ideas? currently runing fine on stock speed without oc.