Best possible Speakers maby a home theatere system?

Smoken Joe

I thought I would update the first post for others are interested in a true high end sound system-better than normaly avalable on a computer speaker system. Unfortunatly the most expensive are also the most likly to have issues or so it seems. You can get a very good souding mid range system for gaming by logitec They are beter than most of the cheaper home theater in a box systems. Though few of these are going to make some of the worst happy. Some people just cant leave anything alone and be satisfied with stock performance. The better PC speaker systems use the Bash amps- good sound quality but often dont last. Your system will sound better with a amp that is not working hard to keep up and last longer. You can also pick and choose componets to suit your tastes.

Here are some of the suggestions

Home theater in A box:

Pretty much the only two brands at a reasonable price for a complete HTIB would be Onkyo and Yamaha.

ONKHTS780 and Yamaha YHT-370

BA book shelf

For about the same price or a little more you can get a better system or one more suited to you. Basicly a recever and set of speakers to make things simple.

See olimpians post for a great example cloce to audioholics and tons of other people recomend for a entry level system Audioholic

Athena Micra 6 HTIB

Recevers:

Onkyo(on nearly everyones short list

Pioneer (Bang for the buck)

Denon

HARMAN KARDONH (Reportedly one of the better all in one for music quality tone).

NIC High quality high power( better have a good deal or plenty of mony but second to none)

Yamaha good quality and power even with the budget components but many report it is too 'reveling'

What sounds good is mostly simple taste but also to some extent matching components and placement of speakers. Many of the more popular recevers are more pleasent sounding to some because they smooth over the flaws in the original recording but unless you hear them under similar conditions it can be a guessing game. Bose requires that there are no side by side comparisons with other brands in their salses agrement- then works to make sure they are set up right. Even if they are lower quality they are going to sound beter than anything not set up properly. The quality is in your ears if set up right they can sound great.

Recomended components by people here:

Athena Micra 6 HTIB OlimpVenturian

Venturi DV62si Crazy_Nate

Harman/Kardon AVR-325 By Technovan- one of the better amps

Paradigm speakers also TV though second to making your own speakers.

Bose by MsMolt

Here are some links to review and information sites including DIY speaker making:

Audioholics

http://www.avsforum.com/

speakerbuilder.net From TV

DIYaudio.com From TV

http://www.parts-express.com/From MR_botie

www.etronics.comFrom MR_botie

www.sjgreatdeals.comFrom MR_botie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have the cash, I love my 5500's.... for the price I got them, ($236 new) they can't be beat. If you do go with 5500's searcha round, newegg is definitly not the best price for them. They are very loud as well, not sure if that's a plus or minus. At 1/3 volume, It feels like your windows are about to break

I bought the Athena Micra 6 HTIB http://www.athenaspeakers.com/micra6tech.htm along with a JVC 5.1 reciever/amp and I couldn't be happier with it. The speakers are small but produce amazingly "big" sound, they also have brackets for wall mounting. I've never heard a z5500 system but I can't imagine it being louder or more accurate.

Here's a couple pics:

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

if u have the cash i can help u to get a amazing home theater ! will rock ur games and music.

Haha if that doesnt sound like an offer for something addictive. I am not rich by any means but when I get something that can last I dont mind spending a little extra for somthing reliable and better funtioning. Anything that would not break the bank but would be a good upgrade like a moderate priced

olympic I have only heard good things about those speaker but bigger is usualy better with speakers even with the same driver and I have the room.

How does the Yamaha HTR-5840 6.1 or 5850 6.1 they have 6x 85 or 90 RMS at .01 THD sound for a recever?

I have always ben a Yamaha fan though of the motorcycles :)

Bose is the most overpriced, overrated product in the market. The only people who buy Bose are those who dont know squat about sound.
HaHA well maybe but i only have 34% hearing :rolleyes:

BTW, I did not direct that at you specifically. I am just generalizing the entire consumer market for audio products.
Its all good man. Just stresses out. need a vacation