Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse-Andy

Memory Problems

Hi guys,

I have recently brought the DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT to replace the Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe I already had. I wanted to change the board because I was getting constant errors and wanted something I could Overclock better with.

When I first installed the DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT, it ran fine, no problems at all. But when I decided to change from Windows XP Pro to Windows Media Center, my problems begain. I kept getting blue screens, shutdowns, mouse freezing, the problems were endless. When I ran memtest I found that the Crucial 2GB (2x1GB) PC4000 Ballistix Dual Channel Kit seemed to be the problem, failing with 17000 errors in Dual Channel.

So I sent the RAM back to my supplier, who issued me a refund because stock was not kept anymore. So I brought some OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC4000 Dual Channel Platinum Series EB-DDR CAS3 (OCZ5002048EBPE-K) memory, after being told it was best for this board. I have gone back to Windows XP Pro, and will stay on XP Pro, but still getting the errors.

When I put the Ram into the board in Dual Channel, it would not post. That was trying both 1+3 and 2+4 slots. Reading other peoples threads about this I reset the CMOS, loaded optimised defaults into the bios, but still no boot. So I do a bit more research, and someone gave some manual settings to enter into the bios. So I tried this but still no luck.

The RAM runs fine with only 1 stick in. I have tested both sticks individually on Memtest, no errors. I noticed the ram runs at 2.66 volts in the bios when i think it is ment to run on 2.8v. I manually changed this to 2.8v no luck.

Could anyone please offer a suggestion to fix this problem, my supplier thinks it is faulty and to send it back. I dont know what to think.

Thanks in advance for any help recieved,

Regards Eclipse - Andy

EB memory will work fine with the Expert board. You haven't said if anything is overclocked or I missed it. Try with stock speeds and settings from the Stock Speed Database as lowboy suggested. Your voltage setting should be fine. CE-6 chips rarely require 2.8V unless highly overclocked. And you might want to check you sig size compared to the rules before one of the mods say something.

Assuming both memory sticks are working fine individually and in ALL slots, the only thing left is the memory controller, which in this case is within the CPU...which could be flaking if you are overclocking too high....