Just switched to a DFI board...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well?

When I first downloaded I only ran it for about 30 minutes, then the next day when I was going to run it for 8 hours I couldn't get the torture test to work right... see my post a few posts back.

When I first downloaded I only ran it for about 30 minutes, then the next day when I was going to run it for 8 hours I couldn't get the torture test to work right... see my post a few posts back.

Yah i saw your post, You didnt say how long you actually let P95 run for.

so just to clarify..

It won't run passed test 1 in P95 even at default settings?

When games crash your monitor shuts off but your PC stays "running (froze but running)"?

Try some different RAM as suggested if you can, I know I can personally make your game crashes happen here, but it's because my PSU craps out under heavy 3d load when it uses alot of processing power at the same time.

As far as your P95, try running SP2004 and see if the same thing happens, RAM passing memtest has absolutley nothing to do with it's stability in windows/3D environment.

Can you post all of DRAM timings form the genie BIOS? The ones you use at overclocked settings

Guest Retratserif

GamerXstream's are awsome too. Plenty of power and room to grow.

Yah i saw your post, You didnt say how long you actually let P95 run for.

so just to clarify..

It won't run passed test 1 in P95 even at default settings?

When games crash your monitor shuts off but your PC stays "running (froze but running)"?

Try some different RAM as suggested if you can, I know I can personally make your game crashes happen here, but it's because my PSU craps out under heavy 3d load when it uses alot of processing power at the same time.

As far as your P95, try running SP2004 and see if the same thing happens, RAM passing memtest has absolutley nothing to do with it's stability in windows/3D environment.

Can you post all of DRAM timings form the genie BIOS? The ones you use at overclocked settings

I've let it run for an hour while stuck at test one before stopping it. I just tried SP2004 and the samet hing happens. Also something very strange is when I'm trying to run Prime 95 my CPU temp doesn't go above 32-33, and on OCCT it doesn't go above 38. In my old mobo my load temp was in the high 40's.

I don't have access to any other RAM right now, but this RAM gave me no problems after 3 months in my old board, so I don't see why it would be causing problems now.

When I plug / unplug my cd drive then my computer gets a lot less / more stable. Does this mean it's definitely my power supply causing problems?

If any optical drive gives you the same results, I would have to say yes based upon your findings.

But! It could be that one optical drive causing the problem.

Have you also tried different video card drivers? Different versions of Omega and stock Catalyst?

I'd suggest running DriverCleanerPro in Safe mode before every driver reinstall.

I tried Omega 6.5 and ATI 6.6.

I got my new power supply today and put it in but my system STILL can't do 3d. I am completely lost. I thought for sure it was the PSU because my computer ran almost flawlessly after unplugging my optical and a couple fans. I think I have tried just about everything... I don't know what else to try. Prime 95 works now though so I'll let that run while I sleep.

Ok... if nobody can help me, then can somebody point me in the right direction to arrange for an RMA? I've tried everything I could think of, everything that's been suggested in this forum, and everything that I researched. My video card works in my other board, and my system is stable in P95, SuperPi, OCCT and Memtest.