Cpu Voltage

wanksta

when you are overclocking how do u know that ur cpu doesn't have enough volts bing pumped into it?

if it doesnt get enough volts will the computer straight up crash or will programs start crashing? especially when you have alot of applications open (so extra power is being used by the cpu)

or will the computer not even boot?

i have this question because i am over clocked to a 3200+ (200 X 11) from a 2500+ (166 X 11), and i am still running the stock volts of 1.65

when you're talking about Vcore you have to be carefull where you set it.

1.925 is more than i would ever care to go with an athalon, even with proper cooling.

1.75 is easily enough i would say... but if you think it will run more efficiently at 1.85 go for it, but don't be suprised if 3 months down the line your proc takes a crap on ya ; ), on the other hand it might work, you never know.

also don't mess with it if your system is running fine as it is.

i personally wouldn't go above 1.80 but that's just me, i don't wanna have to buy another cpu and mobo.

just my 2 cents

Edited by Muninn

when you're talking about Vcore you have to be carefull where you set it.

1.925 is more than i would ever care to go with an athalon, even with proper cooling.

1.75 is easily enough i would say... but if you think it will run more efficiently at 1.85 go for it, but don't be suprised if 3 months down the line your proc takes a crap on ya ; ), on the other hand it might work, you never know.

also don't mess with it if your system is running fine as it is.

i personally wouldn't go above 1.80 but that's just me, i don't wanna have to buy another cpu and mobo.

just my 2 cents

I hope you don't include WATER cooling in that "proper cooling," as if you did I'm sure many people here would slap you. I've heard that, using water cooling, CPU voltages over 2 volts are possible without any CPU damage, and with vapochill you can probably hit a pretty craped high vcore, but by then the electronic signals will be bleeding into each other and causing lots of errors.

Trios

I have mine running at 1.85 with watercooling. I have my bro-in-laws comp at 1.75 with a zalman fan at 2.1 ghz. When I up my voltage too much, i get a windows system error about the diskdump or minidump when it first starts up. When it has too little, when the windows screen pops up on boot, it usually gives me a blue screen of death and reboots. Anywho, is there a voltage mod for the a7n8x-deluxe board to get more than 1.85 volts without connecting the prongs on teh CPU socket? ;)

when you are overclocking how do u know that ur cpu doesn't have enough volts bing pumped into it?

if it doesnt get enough volts will the computer straight up crash or will programs start crashing? especially when you have alot of applications open (so extra power is being used by the cpu)

or will the computer not even boot?

i have this question because i am over clocked to a 3200+ (200 X 11) from a 2500+ (166 X 11), and i am still running the stock volts of 1.65

it is still unclear to me....

will it get unstable or crash or will only programs crash or will the comp not boot

what do u mean by "unstable"