Sign in to follow this  
cadaveca

CFX3200..LET's see the 5x300 LDT screenies!

I've got it, do you? Show us a pic.;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=4907&stc=1&d=1153420865

you'r going to have to excuse my ignorance here chaps, but what is the advantage of running a 4 or 5x LDT? Am i missing something?

System responiveness, for me. going from 4x to 5x dropped huge times off of start-up, mostly due to the Crossfire driver start-up being much faster. For times when you are truly using your system, you'll find that load times will be a fair bit shorter. Only helps when bus is congested, like running 2 videocard, phys-X, and X-FI in one game, as well as network traffic.

This LDT speed, 3ghz, is part of a future Hypertransport spec, as there are places where it's needed.

It's just like how my 2gb of ram has almost the same bandwidth as your 1gb, although @ much looser timings and speed(due to bank interleave). It's might not seem like much, but all together it makes for a much faster system. Inch by inch...

Looking at that then, there's probably not much in it for my situation(single x1900xtx)then. Dropping a few secs off the startup time would'nt make much difference to me either(Mach2=2mins):D

im running at a 3x mutliplier right now, so makes for 800mhz and it dosent make a diff for me, but im only running a single 850xt and 2gb ram. although it seems like it drops my chipsent temp to run it slower so there are some advantages.