"Core Temp" - monitor temps on K8s and Core/2 CPUs (updated

The Coolest

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually AMD has a procedure laid out to do just that with 939 processors. Using the materials and methods they specify they quote an accuracy of 2C maximum difference between the reading and the hottest part of the chip. I had thought about doing this with my Fluke thermal meter but the value would only be of use on the processor being tested. There is too much margin of error built into the thermal diode and sensors to be valid with any other chip.

• 1 month later...
My 4200+ at 2.5GHz stock voltage idles according to Core Temp at 44/34 and load dual prime 60/52.

So I take is that Core #1 is the correct temp i.e. 52C full load?

I haven't found a Dual Core processor that has identical core temps for both cores yet.

Some seem to be within a degree or two while others are wildly different.

One thing I did notice is that you can affect the temp difference in the cores by reapplying the thermal paste. This might be due to the IHS or the heat-sink it's self since I apply the AS5 in exactly the same way every time.

Almost identical here as well.

Core Temp reads every second so it mak appear to jump around.

You can adjust Everest to read every second as well by highlighting preferences and then "hardware monitoring".

(MBM5 under "setting">General>basic>3rd box down "MBM5 should work at an interval of "X" seconds."