Sign in to follow this  
s10man69

$80.00 Coupon for Opteron 165 @ Monarch...After = $230

I won't know until my ocz psu and TT Armor, show up on wednesday, if mines any good or not. The last few have been ccbwe 0608mpmw.

Good luck.

...so we see what they shipped

CCBBE 0610MPMW (awesome) early...

CCBWE 0608MPMW (mediocre) later.

CCBWE 0608MPMW arrived here yesterday. no time to test it for a while.

No complaints here as long as it does at least 2.5GHz. I paid nearly 100 dollars more for my "Guaranteed" good OC CCBBE 0617...

...that's a 45%+ premium just for an extra 350MHZ or so, which is only ~15% increase in speed.

CCBBE 0608MPMW doesn't have to OC too good at 230 bucks shipped to be the price to performance leader.

It is indeed a CCBWE 0608MPMW and it is doing a lousy 2.25Ghz on stock. I hope I can push that to at least 2.5Ghz, that is all I want. I am pretty much stuck with this chip no matter what though.

Notice though, none of those have 1MB x 2 L2 cache, they all have 512 x 2...None of the 1mb x 2 chips are available with AMD anymore, except the Opteron's...

sadly it is true the CCBWE 0608MPMW is a sad POS of a stepping. i was able to get it to

2.43ghz (Vcore 1.5) at 270 x 9 1:1 (2 x 1gb ballistix 3 4 4 10) both instances were priming for over 5 hours when i left to work. i tried going to 2.52ghz but it was unstable in prime gettign sumout errors right off the bat. on a side note what is the MAX Vcore these opty's can handle anyone know? at this point i am pretty much on the fence if i should keep it. aside from being a dual core this thing clocked as fast as my previous 3000 which i replaced with it, so i am none too pleased with this OC =

sadly it is true the CCBWE 0608MPMW is a sad POS of a stepping. i was able to get it to

2.43ghz (Vcore 1.5) at 270 x 9 1:1 (2 x 1gb ballistix 3 4 4 10) both instances were priming for over 5 hours when i left to work. i tried going to 2.52ghz but it was unstable in prime gettign sumout errors right off the bat. on a side note what is the MAX Vcore these opty's can handle anyone know? at this point i am pretty much on the fence if i should keep it. aside from being a dual core this thing clocked as fast as my previous 3000 which i replaced with it, so i am none too pleased with this OC =

well - did you try to find out the max of your cpu without your ram ? - its quite hard to believe that even with a crappy stepping you wouldnt be able to do 2.5 on a relatively low vcore

Thraxz, when did you get yours. And my CCBWE 0608MPMW seems to be a crappy stepping for me to. All I really want is 2.5Ghz Stable. I am at 2.39 at 1.5V Vcore and it seems to be stable, at 2.5 or 2.6 I can boot into windows but i get errors off the bat with Prime. I am running a divder to keep my ram at around 200Mhz. Maybe you guys can post pointers. I think I am probably pretty much stuck with this chip no matter what, so I might as well make the most of it.

Ordered on 19 July - CCBBE 0610DPMW

I'm glad I didn't let my curiosity get the better of me, and open mine. I sent mine back to Monarch this morning and will reorder a X2 4800. If it wasn't for the heatwave we've been having I would have opened it up and been stuck with it. It cost me $35.00 restocking, but I'm glad to be rid of it.

I'm not blaming Monarch for the stepping, but it was the first time I ever used them, and it will be the last. Light years behind Newegg.

Sign in to follow this