Sign in to follow this  
Liquidfire

Anyone ever experience weird system jolts?

I randomly get system jolts wich can be noticed, moreso when listining to music or playing a game. sounds like a very quick skip in music, and looks like a quick jolt of lag in gaming.

Ive even noticed a slight bit once when i was moving my mouse.

It started after installing my ocz ram, i believe it may be related, could the memory be bad? it passes memtest with flying colors. Maybe somthing happened to my mobo? possible faulty PSU?

im really confused and have tried changing timings voltages and fsb speeds to no avail.

Guest BFG

Are you listening to the music at the smae time you are gaminmg? If so it could just be a stutter caused by your cpu usage being at 100%.

no its happening currently while im sitting here browsing the forums. I always do play with music in the background, but it happens weather or not they are happening simultaniusly

course for that matter prime95 passes stable with my ballistix wich fail memtest in roughly 5 seconds

ok i just thought of somthing else that may have affected somthing?

When i was installing this ram i couldnt post, so i ended up doing a cmos reset, wich in turn changed all my bios settings back.(possible first mistake, it shut off my raid controller and all that stuff aswell)

I went and loaded cmos reloaded (possible second mistake). and continued to try and adjust settings on ram/cpu to post and get into windows. it took me roughly 10-15 differnt trys of putting it in taking it out and changing settings before i realized i had to turn my raid array back on and then go to hdd priority and set it as 1'st.

Would any of this have possibly caused my problems either? it would make sense a little bit seeing as it may be causing a windows glitch? but the music is on a completly seperate drive (non-raid) so unless it is causing windows to directly mess up im still not sure. lol fun fun

IMHO the OCZ Powerstream 520W is the finest PSU ever built. So that would be the last worry on my mind.

You need to perform a full and proper CMOS clear following ExRoadies' excellent guide. Followed immediately thereafter by a loading of optimized defaults (not those saved by CMOS reloaded). Run Memtest and confirm memory stability at the BIOS stock settings. If you get failures visit the Stock Speed Database as well as the Socket 939 Overclocking Database and borrow some timings from members using same m/b, cpu, memory as yours. All of the settings in both of those threads are confirmed bootable and stable.

Use that as a starting point. Then start tweaking. Confirm every change using both Memtest and Prime95 until your rig is completely stable in both of those stressing applications.

thanks i will do a full cmos reset and start by loading optimized defaults. I AM stable in memtest aswell as prime95 and superpi stable....yet i still get the jolt

So i will try once again with the cmos reset and hope for the best...in fact ill just delete all my cmos reloaded profiles.

Love all the help i have always recieved on this forum...by far one of the best out there :D

thanks....and exroadie if you checkback you forgot to include a step in the long cmos clear about when to put the speaker jumper back to normal...ill pm you later to make sure you get it :D

Guest Kobalt
ok best i can tell long cmos clear fixed her up....ill post back later after some gaming with final results

and BTW how does everyone make those awsome sigs?

That would be strange to say the least.

Along the same type of thing when my Ultra-D got a case of amnesia with the SATA drives.