Sign in to follow this  
techjoe

Which Lanparty board?

I'm about to purchase a lp nf4 board but am a bit curios as to all the differences between the different flavors. What is the difference between:

1. Lanparty nF4 Sli-D

2. Lanparty nF4 Sli-DR

3. Lanparty nF4 Sli-DR Expert

Is there a thread that already list's the differences?

Which board is most recommended?

Detailed explanations would be greatly appreciated.

SLI-D is the basic DFI sli mobo. It is identical to the Ultra-D, with the sli chipset.

SLI-DR is the SLI-D with a Silicon Image Sil 3114 Raid controller. This gives you 4 additional SATA connections, but only rated at sata 1.5

SLI-DR Expert has a different layout and removes the sli jumpers. You now select sli in the BIOS. This is a more tempermental board and requires a fair bit of tweaking to get working.

Which one to get depends on what you need. If you like to get up close and personal with your BIOS, then get the Expert. If you don't want to spend a lot of time tweaking to get your rig working,, and you need the additional RAID controller, then go with the SLI-DR.

If all you want is the ability to run SLI, then go with the SLI-D.

Regardless of which one you select, you are going to need high quality memory and PSU. Checkout the stickies in the Recommendations forum for memory and PSU's. Make sure you get something from those lists. It will save you a lot of problems.

As always post your questions here. Someone will have the answer.

Thank you, your all very helpful.

From what I understand, I don't need the sil 3114 controller - the nv is faster right?

That leaves out sli-dr.

I do like to tweak and am very picky BUT - maybe it doesn't make that big of a difference between sli-dr expert and sli... Is there performance differences?

I have a thermaltake 480w purepower psu but I have a deep gut feeling I'll have to toss that psu... it's sad that once upon a time it was almost all you would ever need.

How will the mushkin bh6's do?

Thank you again...

Hello,

Do you want to run in SLi mode?

If not then why not go for the ultra-D?

Yeah nv SATA is that bit better.

Your memory is not going to be a problem.

EXPERT board is better for SLi, chipset will not be obstructed by gfx cards.

Welcome to the "Street".

If you are not planning to use SLI, I would highly recommend the UT Ultra-D. I guess you could say that it is the entry level OC'ing DFI board, but it is a great board in its own right.

You can actually mod it to be SLI capable. There is a guide on the forum; heck -- there is a guide here for every situation imaginable. This site is the best!

Sign in to follow this