Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

listen up kids...

I only came across this thread today even though it has been running for a month and was both shocked and disgusted. Bad enough that people interrupt your leisure time with requests for technical support but to have the gall to ask for hardware because "I can't afford it and you're rig is so 1337" is the up-most in rude behaviour. These kids might be a little like my son... spends god knows how many hours holed up in his room playing CS:Source and if asked if hey can help around the house say they they are "too busy" or "in a minute" (that never comes). If they fall into this mould, no wonder their parents aren't prepared to help 'em out. (Side note: I can at least get my son to help me around the house from time to time so I help him out with computer parts.)

Luckily for me I haven't had much exposure to these leeching requests apart from a couple in jest on my home forum BUT I have one guy in my surf club (the caretaker) who continually asks for help and hardware / software. I used to classify him as a friend and have fended off his requests using humour but he doesn't seem to understand how annoying it is and why I try to avoid him. (I've even had him ring up and ask if I had a spare copy of XP Pro and a GFX card capable of playing F.E.A.R. at decent frame rates that I didn't need for free!) At least with PM's you can add people to your ignore list but I don't have the luxury with the surf club. I've helped out my sister, father and girlfriend with hardware but that's a completely different thing to the tone portrayed in this thread.

People need to accept that there is always going to be somebody who has more than them and quite simply, they don't have an onus to provide to those with lesser systems. Some of us scrimp and save or use eBay to help pay for our addiction allowing incremental upgrades without the big bucks. I'm sure if I received a PM like the one described in this thread I'd be less than welcoming in my response.

Charity begins at home, not autonomously via an Internet forum.

People need to accept that there is always going to be somebody who has more than them and quite simply, they don't have an onus to provide to those with lesser systems. Some of us scrimp and save or use eBay to help pay for our addiction allowing incremental upgrades without the big bucks. I'm sure if I received a PM like the one described in this thread I'd be less than welcoming in my response.

a good chunk of users here have the means to buy all of the latest things like opteron dual cores, 7950 dual gpu's, psu's, RAM, exotic cooling, etc

a good chunk of you also make a hell of a lot more money than me

I can't really afford the parts that all of you are buying so it's really hard to support a lot of things you guys have unless I can beg them from Nvidia, ATI, DangerDen, AMD, etc (which is actually what they are there for for guys like me).

I'm always a little jealous that some guy can run 4GB of RAM on an SLI setup of 2x 7950 dual-gpu cards and the fastest dual-core Opteron etc

I've had MANY of you offer to donate to me to help me buy the parts needed (like a Conroe cpu which I will not be able to buy this year at all...momma and I just got pulled over by the police on the way home from my brother's bday party and my entire rear electrical system is completely shot...no lights at all...so that + the other $1000 in repairs we already scheduled for Monday will eat up any remaining budget for the rest of this year for parts that I simply cannot beg for) or to pay for bandwidth (which is a monster at this and angrygames.com since I host all of the files/pics there).

I always refuse, even if it means a bit of lowered services either from the forum or from me since I cannot support your hardware

It's a tough choice...but the instant I start asking for and receiving donations...everything goes to . (I've witnessed this on MANY sites and forums and refuse to take part in it).

It just really galls me that people try to take advantage of me (since apparently they think I am rich and make $100k a year at this job...if you knew what I brought home yearly for my DFI salary you'd probably . yourself in horror) for free crap.

I feel like a loser because I cannot even supply my awesome mod crew with anything to test with or help out anymore (DFI must be the poorest company in the tech industry honestly).

And then to top it off, people only add me to Xfire to try and get some support instead of inviting me to play a game...kinda shows where I stand to everyone.

but you know

people will read this and go "oh what a %$#@ whiner angry is"

that's ok though

momma and I and ExRoadie and the other mods know I'm just a bastard ;)

Its no different than a crackhead asking you for money on the street. If they catch you in a good mood you might give them your loose change but as soon as you do 5 more show up, lesson lerned.

that's ok though

momma and I and ExRoadie and the other mods know I'm just a bastard ;)

Arrrh, from what I've read from your posts (some between the lines) you seem quite insightful, patient and sometimes the philosopher. Sure we all have our moods (and god, you must be tested a lot) but a bastard would be a bastard all the time.

Wow, hadn't seen this thread till now. This is totally unbelievable .. On top of begging, I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted to list the stuff they weasel off people on Fleabay. WTF, get a job, get a life.

And then to top it off, people only add me to Xfire to try and get some support instead of inviting me to play a game...kinda shows where I stand to everyone.

I wouldn't say everyone, as I'm sure plenty are thankful and have respect for all the help and keeping this place up and running, though I'm sure it isn't evident sometimes. So thanks ya bastard.

Its no different than a crackhead asking you for money on the street. If they catch you in a good mood you might give them your loose change but as soon as you do 5 more show up, lesson lerned.

Yeah but the crackhead might shank ya, or bust a cap in yo butt, so maybe you bess be givin up yo change sucka.

actually im not, but im so deadtired i need to sleep some, hence im doing that....i'll bug you in the weekend with some luck again hon:)

ugh. This is just stupid. Leave the man to his video games!

DFI-street = support

Gaming time = #$*&^@* gaming time

(bump)

Shame on you Happy, you should be here at the forums 24/7. How dare you live and enjoy your own time.:cool:

As far as those little zit-faced kids adding you to their buddy list only to bombard you with their problems...

Remember they are probably only little kids who don't have a clue yet. If they are adults well, then I would be very disgusted.