listen up kids...

Angry_Games

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey H_G.....

You said you get peaved when people ask you for stuff... you dont get peaved if people send you stuff to, do you..??? I have been know to show appreciation once in a great while while I think of it....have a good one...

You Know....

For a good laugh..we could (or anybody) get the addresses of these people with intent to give them something...

I have a whole truck full of old (socket 7 , K-6) boards, cpu's and stuff you really couldn't do much with... I have stuff from 233mhz to P-III 550mhz....

I could box it up in several boxes and ship it to these people... Hail...I'll even go one further...I'll fill the box with some of those styrofoam peanuts that have been passed from forum member to forum member....

most of its junk...but hey I've heard of them asking for parts but they didn't say they had to be working....heck I may be nice and throw in a 2x's video card....It'd sure be cheaper than hauling it to the dump....:)

ok...I'll quit now...

I was thinking the same, I got a box full of slot A CPUs and a whole bunch of 5Gb drives, enough pc100 and pc133 to shingle a roof, and everything works, so they couldn't classy lady about that. LOL.

I was thinking the same, I got a box full of slot A CPUs and a whole bunch of 5Gb drives, enough pc100 and pc133 to shingle a roof, and everything works, so they couldn't classy lady about that. LOL.

Well if I was still refurbing them old ones I'd be begging you to put all that in the forsale thread...;)

At a quick glance, I see about 8-10 IDE hard drives (5Gb-40Gb), 3 locking removable drive trays, about 6 floppy drives, a couple of SCSI 5Gb drives and a SCSI cd-rom and about a dozen IDE CD-ROMs, CD burners and DVD-ROMs and some IBM slimline drives. I think it's time to get rid of some crap, I am not even going to bother counting how much old RAM and expansion cards I got laying around. Wouldn't be worth shipping, I have no problem donating some old machines, but kindergarteners would laugh at these parts. I'll probably end up having to toss it, which I don't like doing.

I think he went through the first few pages in the fs/ft and started pm'ing people with threads there. The sad part is, he has probably done it before and received items. That's why he continues to do it.

It goes back to the whole intelligence and mankind thing.

Guest YuKoN

lol I've got an old P4 1.4 on a via chipset board I'd be more than happy to send to a beggar. That POS has been a thorn in my side for about 2 years now........ Prone to random reboots, and crashes 20 mins into any 3d game. I'd tried different rams, psu's, hd's, vid cards, etc. Finally put it on a shelf until the next time I go out and shoot skeet. Can anyone say?.......... PULL!!!!!!!!!

on topic: I totally understand HG's frustration. Many people always take for granted- and they'll get theirs one day. 99% of the people on this forum are stand up folks. But there's always the 1%, who honestly are too stupid to realize that they're doing something wrong. Or perhaps they just don't care.

In either case- HG(and Momma of course!) has the right to permanently ban them- and needs to give no reason whatsoever for doing so. His priorities lie with the 99%- and I for one am damn glad to have him here. For god's sakes! Let the man game for the 5 minutes he isn't moderating the forum!

I misread H_G's post about people that think he's santa claus and thought he was saying that people shouldn't send him free computer parts, i was like WOAH, thats nothing to complain about. Upon re-reading I completely understand you being pissed about this. Its so uncomfortable to see someone set up a great website like this to give support to anyone who needs it and have people abuse that kindness by asking for free stuff/pestering him when hes trying to play games.

The concept of somebody asking another person for stuff from their job at a discount or for free has seemed like one of the most rude things you can do to a person. A person supports themselves and their dependents with a job and its such a huge slap in the face when somebody disrespects that part of their life by asking for free stuff. The nerve some people have...