Memory divider problems

When I try to use the ram divder the computer won't boot.. I won't even touch the FSB.. just lowering the divider to 3/4 or 5/6... the red lights drop from 4 to 3 then stay there.

Is some ram not compatible with divders.. or am I missing something?..

the lan party has a lot of options I don't understand... and I know my rams not for overclocking, but want to boost my CPU from 2.0 to 2.3-2.4

darn... there's like 25 different ram option.. lol... I guess I better start looking them up if I have to set them manually.

do you think maybe my ram will hit 220 without any dividers?... also is there any downfalls to trying, like hurting my ram...

ok... I looked over the guide and went through and put the all the timings to what were considered the stable timings by the guide... when I rebooted same thing happened...

I then went through and disbaled all the features and put all timings at loosest possible.. no boot again.

Maybe I'll jsut see how far I can take this ram on 1:1

I'm new to this stuff.. my ram isn't very good so I yet overclocking yet as I want to figure out how to use the dividers first.

when I try to use the ram divder the computer won't boot.. I won't even touch the FSB as I'm not overclocking anything.. just lowering the divider to 3/4 or 5/6...

I read the guide and tried setting all the ram timings manually to what was considered stable... still no boot... I tried setting them manually to what they ran at on default 3-3-3-8 with this ram... no boot... I tried setting everythign to the loosest times possible and even put the HTT to 3x, eventhough I was not overclocking... still no boot

I must be missing something with trying to use a divider... does anyone know appropriate settings for a 5/6 divder with CL3.0 ram...?