Sign in to follow this  
accuracy001

7800gt , yet another low score.

With my setup completely stock,

my BFG 7800gt OC, stock at 425/1050,

I only get 7050 , 3Dmark05 points.

From what I've read, shouldn't I be getting around 7800 3Dmark05 points?

--------------------------------------------------------

Is there anything I can do to raise the score?

I'm using the little 84.21 driver.

it depends on alot of things really could you link to your online results? that is a far from horrible score.

I can get anywhere from roughly 5500-7500 on my GT depending on what settings im running, when the last time i defragged was, ram timings, cpu strength.

are you using default settings under the forceware tab? IE dont have trasparent AA, vsync, or any of the advanced settings changed?

it depends on alot of things really could you link to your online results? that is a far from horrible score.

I can get anywhere from roughly 5500-7500 on my GT depending on what settings im running, when the last time i defragged was, ram timings, cpu strength.

are you using default settings under the forceware tab? IE dont have trasparent AA, vsync, or any of the advanced settings changed?

If you mean the Performance&Quality settings, in the nvidia tab of advanced settings,

the only thing i changed was disable vsync.

Tell me if this doesn't work...

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/projectd...ojectId=2116745

lol, for somereason it says I own an X2

You need to change the it to the performance slider to performance and try again. It gave my 7900GT ~200 more.

Alright , I'll try that, but I have another question...

How come when I overclock my graphics card, the max I can get for GPU Core is 478mhz, when I hear that people can get up to 500+

Alright , I'll try that, but I have another question...

How come when I overclock my graphics card, the max I can get for GPU Core is 478mhz, when I hear that people can get up to 500+

The same here with my 7800GT.

How do you turn up the voltage?

Iam ok i guess with 3dmark 2005,scored 11138

Guest YuKoN
The same here with my 7800GT.

How do you turn up the voltage?

Iam ok i guess with 3dmark 2005,scored 11138

you can bios flash voltmod on 7800GT. you don't need to solder anything. just use nbitor to read and modify bios, and then flash to whichever voltage and/or core/mem speeds your card will do comfortably.

i downloaded an evga bios flash utility thats foolproof- totally automatic. you just substitute your new bios.rom file(under the same name as the evga bios) and run it. done. worked like a champ for my 7800GT- and works on my 7900GT as well(can't change the voltages on 7900GT, but you can modify the rest.) also works like a champ when you screw up and overdo it- and a blind flash is necessary! :)

google the 7800GT voltmods- there's tons of tutorials.

my card at about 475core and 1.15ghz mem would do about 7800's on 05...

then i volt modded and water and 507/1290 = 8500 marks in 05 w/o driver on top performance btw...i should re-run it...

I did the bios mod with my 7800Gt without any prior knowledge on the how to's, but Nibitor is so easy to use. Then did the pencil mod on the memroy. Currently have it at 1.50/2.22 and it OC pretty decent at 505/1220. I think the bios mod is the safest way to increase the voltage.