Re: OS keep loading when there is a disc inside dvd-rom

Using dfi nf4 ultra-d, my windows xp stuck at loading screen ( the bar is moving but my hdd LED is not blinding) whenever there is a disc inside my dvd-rom.I have to take out the disc the press the reset button, after that windows xp finish loading just in few second. Using IDE dvd burner and raid 0 SATA2 HDD. BIOS is lastest official BIOS. Anyone can help? thx in advance. :D

Every time my system isn't stable or I am having problems with the array it happens the same thing: Windows moving bar keeps rolling and rolling, with out any HDD activity.

Could it be a power supply problem, since DVD sucks a lot of power while spinning a dvd? Or worse, could the array be in problems?

Every time my system isn't stable or I am having problems with the array it happens the same thing: Windows moving bar keeps rolling and rolling, with out any HDD activity.

Could it be a power supply problem, since DVD sucks a lot of power while spinning a dvd? Or worse, could the array be in problems?

For me, it is usually related to RAM settings or instability of other types - such us OC'd too high. Might be worth investigating system stability using the standard tools - such as MEMTEST, Super Pi, Prime 95...

Well have u tryed reinstalling xp? Is the Hard drive making any clicking or popping sounds?

Hmm, what about checking the HDD for errors with CHKDSK /P ???

Use the Windows XP CD recovery console... load the CD and floppy, press F6, load drivers from floppy, let it complete the installation program, and when it ask you to hit R for recovery do so.

Choose the windows installation, usually #1... type the administrator password, if your windows has any, and then at the console prompt type CHKDSK /? to read all the instructions. CHKDSK /P will do the job: check for errors and fix them.

Maybe Windows has disk error and a system file is missing or in bad shape... CHKDSK can repair certain errors and make things good again. I would give this a try.

Good luck