Crashing issue with SLI-DR Expert, please provide feedback

So then, I finally got my . together and decided to make a forum post regarding this issue after loads of blood, sweat and maybe even some tears.

The issues are multi-faceted really so I dont know where to start actually but I'll try to provide some form of structure in the post...

Anyway, the primary issue is characterized by that the monitor suddenly turns itself off (i.e. no data being sent from the GPU port) and everything just stops loading (no processes keep on doing what they are supposed to etc) which then adds a warm-boot issue as I'll have to cut the power in one way or another in order to get it to boot again.

This issue seems to occur during EVERYTHING which actually requires some form of CPU/RAM power: Games after a short period of time, random benchmarks, encoding video files etc etc essentially rendering the computer useless for everything I intend to use it for.

However the issue isn't easily resolved even when flipping the PSU on/off as I sometimes crash already during BIOS loadup after one of these events (In fact, I've had it crashing showing random diagnostic LEDs as well and I think that I've had every variation of the error message even though it boots with them once in a while if I just give it some "rest" time after one of these issues).

(dumping this current post in order to add some more info to the thread)

Hello,

Make sure you are using the orange memory slots.

You must have all 3 power connectors plugged into the board.

Have you tested the pc with memtest?

Run for at least 3 hours.

Any errors instantly, stop and try 1 stick at a time.

Yes, I've done those things, including the so-called 'proper' BIOS clear detailed by Rgone (oh sorry, it was Exroadie which made a detailed post regarding it) or whoever wrote it initially and yes I've run memtest on the rig for several hours without finding any issues.

The computer has been stable for 6 months until recently when the errors started to occur :)

(That is memory in orange slots, windows wasn't even installable without that when I started using the rig around january, memtest being stable as a rock and every power connector being connected as it should be)

Just as a footnote, I've tried to read around on the boards regarding the standard fixes including the flash to the latest BIOS in order to see if there was some corruption or anything but it hasn't helped me at all except corrupting the windows install (mmmh ghost backups).

The PSU has actually been swapped earlier to a Seasonic-500 in order to see if it was the PSU being the culprit, (3.3v 30A,5v 30A, 17/16 on 12v)

Anyway, in the current state of the computer it's just a 4000$ computer with IRC capability and web-browsing as primary features so I do feel a bit silly :)

These are the strings extracted from the dump files retrieved from each crash (I dont know if this would help anyone with the troubleshooting as I'm not really keen on lowlevel windows personally)

I can provide the original dumps as well if that would assist in the troubleshooting but sadly I cant see the BSOD as the monitor port does stop working at the very instant that the crash occurs (as in, monitor turns itself off due to no data being sent through the port)

strings were extracted with the program Mark Russinovich made for extracting strings and the program was set to a default level of 3 characters as the pre-req for actually being a string.

(Sorry for rambling but this error is actually troubling me beyond belief and I'm fumbling at shadows in hope of finding something relevant which would solve the issue)

It looks like you might have a corrupt kernel along with some other critical files. You can try a repair install or just go for a full re-install. I suggest the ladder.

Aye, I was also a bit confused when I tried to search on those stop codes even though this issue isn't solely locked to the OS install so it isn't that simple.

One of those stop codes showed a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION which I'm beginning to believe more and more as I try to troubleshoot this issue, anyway after checking the internet for random information on the error codes that I attained - I started a memtest through the genie BIOS setting over night before going to bed, during those 10 hours the same issue occured as per usual even though no boot device at all were used.

Memtest was running from 6-16 and sometime during that time there was a crash of that kind.

It's a bit strange though that the error occurs almost instantly if I try to reboot between 1-10 minutes after shutting down the computer which has me a bit befuddled, it's almost as something becomes gradually corrupted which is only fixed by the component in question running out of power - thus resetting it's state to whatever it's supposed to be.

Think I'm hauling the rig back to the store yet again to force the issue onto someone else instead of me because I'm running out of ideas in the current state of things.

Edit:

Exroadie: I wouldn't be too surprised if the actual install went corrupt in the current state but the disc used for installing is clean, so was the disk as I did a full scale ntfs format on my OS partition before installing. So well - the install might be corrupt as things are currently but the corruption wasn't within the initial install so the issues have occured afterwards and the reason to *why* it all occured - That's what I would like to know :(

Edit2: Ah sorry, forgot to add a certain thing, even though I mentioned ghost backups earlier they aren't used in the current state as ghost doesn't succeed to load the images with my current issues so I'm using a clean install of winxp (or well, clean with random drivers and SP2)

One good crash is all it takes to screw up an XP OS install.

That's why I always perform a clean install after setting up a new rig and getting the testing and tweaking out of the way to find a stable setup.

That one crash can cause nightmares.

Ah well, I succumbed to weakness and left the computer at the dealer again - If they dont fix it properly this time then I'll try that routine from the article if required but I felt like that I cant be bothered with irrational errors as it's a classy lady to troubleshoot it. :O

it could be that u have installed nvidia ide drivers, uninstall them via device manager and select the microsft version, i was having similar probs to urs aswell until i removed all nvidia hdd drivers