What are you using for Speakers with 2 systems

Rebelranger

I'm looking for something different. i have 7.1 speakers and and audigy ZS sound card. But I have 2 systems. and only one connected. My IOgear DVI KVM sitch allows me to share them but no 7.1 :mad:. Im thinking of connecting the speakers to one rig and geting speakers of the other rig. But my room would be a mess with all the wires.

Is there a way to do this without a second set of speakers? :P

Is there a way to connect these speakers via wireless? :P

Been poundin my brain on this one....

Have you tried using the mic in funtion and just hook one PC to the speakers? Personaly I would either do that or get a very small dual channel speaker for the second for only the needed systems sounds etc. You could also rout the front channels through the KVM but that usualy results in more noise that depends on the quality of the KVM.(my choice for simplisity) I have three computers on the KKVM though :rolleyes:

Didn't think of using the mic in feature... Let me expiriment with that... Seems like a good idea..

WOW

Its much better..But still not 7.1 but a much better step... Thanks for the advice....I saw somewhere a splitter or somthing that allowed you to share 1 set of 7.1 speakers-cant find it though..

Guest Blooz1

I've had 2 rigs hooked up to my old Cambridge Soundworks setup using splitters, but that only works in analog mode.

I use digital output, as I do 99% of my music listening off my nF2 ultra - infinity, just switch it back and forth as needed using the coaxial outs.

Rude and crude, but it works for me!

I'm looking for something different. i have 7.1 speakers and and audigy ZS sound card. But I have 2 systems. and only one connected. My IOgear DVI KVM sitch allows me to share them but no 7.1 :mad:. Im thinking of connecting the speakers to one rig and geting speakers of the other rig. But my room would be a mess with all the wires.

Is there a way to do this without a second set of speakers? :P

Is there a way to connect these speakers via wireless? :P

Been poundin my brain on this one....

I have Logitech X-640 5.1's on my sig-rig, and the secondary rig has a nice set of 2.1 Monsoon speakers (old but good!)

I too use the KVM to switch between them, but no more!!! I bought two 19" widescreen LCD's and now will be buying a new desk to house both monitors which means I will have the real estate to have second mouse/kb lol

I've had 2 rigs hooked up to my old Cambridge Soundworks setup using splitters, but that only works in analog mode.

I use digital output, as I do 99% of my music listening off my nF2 ultra - infinity, just switch it back and forth as needed using the coaxial outs.

Rude and crude, but it works for me!

What brand/type of splitters?

I have Logitech X-640 5.1's on my sig-rig, and the secondary rig has a nice set of 2.1 Monsoon speakers (old but good!)

I too use the KVM to switch between them, but no more!!! I bought two 19" widescreen LCD's and now will be buying a new desk to house both monitors which means I will have the real estate to have second mouse/kb lol

Envy sets in..

I was looking at doing the same....Which monitors did you go with? I was looking at the Benq 21" widescreens... but too much cash..:eek:

I've got the FP931 19"....was thinking about getting another :cool:.

Only thing is I dont like having 2 KB/MS...Maybe just use the KVM for that...

Anyway dont mean to digress...I''ll use a second set and nix the sound portion of the KVM..

Envy sets in..

I was looking at doing the same....Which monitors did you go with? I was looking at the Benq 21" widescreens... but too much cash..:eek:

I've got the FP931 19"....was thinking about getting another :cool:.

Only thing is I dont like having 2 KB/MS...Maybe just use the KVM for that...

Anyway dont mean to digress...I''ll use a second set and nix the sound portion of the KVM..

the Viewsonic 19" widescreens...there's a thread in this section where we are currently discussing it...$400 for TWO 19" widescreens...and a desk big enough for 2 kb's, two mice...I just can't do the KVM anymore...I hate having to switch out from one monitor/kb to another...that's why I bought TWO 19" monitors since hte price was so good...so I can have both running at the same time!

Currently using a Pioneer 1015TX THX receiver for both my pc's. Digital out from both my sound cards (DD5.1 and DTS) using toslink. All I have to do is change inputs using my RC.

I threw away my KVM a long time back. Currently use 3 monitors - 2 for my main rig and 1 for my secondary rig. I use a software called called Synergy 2 from sourceforge to switch between the machines. This software is effing awesome. I have been using it for the past year or so and it made my KVM switch obsolete.

Guest Blooz1

Rebelranger -

I got all the parts I used at Radio Shack 2-3 years ago, and I haven't used that type of setup in over a year, so I doubt that I can even find the parts I used!

Also, it was only for 2.1 sound - I doubt that you could do an analog 7.1 signal without some sort of custom made 2 into 1 box (what would ya call it, a "reducer"?).

With the setup I use now, it only takes a second to switch rigs, but it is a PITA! (Murphy's Law is constantly in effect - the rig you want to hear sound from won't be the one that's plugged in!)

Well, at school, one of my friend's roommates took a 5.1 system and had it on TV and PC, just had to plug it into one port for TV, and when he wanted PC sound, plug it into the sound card. Guessing he used an analog adapter or something, maybe a few to get it all into one thing that plugged into only one port. Never really knew if it was true surround or not now that I think about it, but made good noise!

Currently using a Pioneer 1015TX THX receiver for both my pc's. Digital out from both my sound cards (DD5.1 and DTS) using toslink. All I have to do is change inputs using my RC.

I threw away my KVM a long time back. Currently use 3 monitors - 2 for my main rig and 1 for my secondary rig. I use a software called called Synergy 2 from sourceforge to switch between the machines. This software is effing awesome. I have been using it for the past year or so and it made my KVM switch obsolete.

Sounds super!!:eek:

Im reading the website now this could save me lots of hastle and allow me to introduce a second monitor..