BIOS Update Problem

i have updated my bios and my original Memory setting's dont work anymore

can anyone give me some alpha timings that will make my board overclock atleast

my sig is up 2 date

i have updated my bios and my original Memory setting's dont work anymore

can anyone give me some alpha timings that will make my board overclock atleast

my sig is up 2 date

Any time you flash BIOS, you should clear CMOS before booting the first time. Because of minute changes from version to version of BIOS, even if the mem timings DID work, something else might not work properly and you might find out later and have stability probs or crash or lose data, etc.

Try clearing CMOS settings, reloading optimized defaults and starting over. Some here note the main settings and mem timings by writing them down, but when you flash BIOS, all bets are off and you might be able to do better (or not as good at all) on any specific timing setting under the same conditions. For overclocking or setting mem for stability/speed, you sometimes have to go back to stock stable settings and start over with your overclock process, as indicated in the DFI-STREET Overclocking Guide.

If clearing CMOS and reloading optimized default settings doesn't work, you may need to adjust your timings further using entries from the stock, stable settings thread Stock, Stable Settings for different cpu and mem configs (ones that are similar to yours in terms of mainboard, CPU and memory you're running) and if that doesn't make it go, you may need to do the LONG CMOS clear where you remove the battery and start over.

Flashing the BIOS is like brain transplant for your rig... for example, even swapping out my A64 3000+ Venice CPU for my Opteron 165 caused less change than the last BIOS update I did with the same CPU installed.

That link above takes you right to a stock settings entry for 1GB G.Skill HZ sticks... so that should get you going at 200Mhz.... just clear CMOS, load optimized settings, see if it boots and if not, change RAM timings to the ones in the link. Hey, if I found that entry using the search functions, so can you.