How many are interested in buying a Maxtill Mousepad?

Luc@z

191 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, and price is not an issue
    • Yes, if it is less than $50
    • Yes, if it is less then $35
    • Yes, if it is less than $20
    • Not interested

Nice mousepads and mouse skates completely spoil a person. I play a lot of first person shooters and whenever a crumb or something gets on my mousepat and my mouse runs over it, it COMPLETELY screws me up! One concern for me though is how thick is the glass mousepad? Ive always used very thin mousepads so something thats tall might be uncomfortable.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't no if this has been asked yet or not but it is going on 5 a.m. lol and I just barley got done with the first page.

but to the question how breakable are they as in I have little kids around often enough that they tend to pick things up and drop them.do they shatter when broken or just crack.

are they made out of glass glass or plexi glass or the other mixs of plastic and flass.

and one final question for you on this I am assuming the side with the dfi-street logo is the mouse side is that surface completley smooth or is it slightly roughed.

I am asking this as if I recall there are a few brands of optical mice out there that will not work properly on a totaly smooth surface.

and again I apalogize in advance if any of these have been asked already if so just let me know and I will find them.

I don't no if this has been asked yet or not but it is going on 5 a.m. lol and I just barley got done with the first page.

but to the question how breakable are they as in I have little kids around often enough that they tend to pick things up and drop them.do they shatter when broken or just crack.

are they made out of glass glass or plexi glass or the other mixs of plastic and flass.

and one final question for you on this I am assuming the side with the dfi-street logo is the mouse side is that surface completley smooth or is it slightly roughed.

I am asking this as if I recall there are a few brands of optical mice out there that will not work properly on a totaly smooth surface.

and again I apalogize in advance if any of these have been asked already if so just let me know and I will find them.

as Lucas says, the first post of this thread will give you proper links, but here's the short answer:

1. the pad can be dropped on hard concrete from about 4' and it won't shatter. I've dropped it from 5' high onto carpet (with concret underneath the carpet here in the lab) and it didn't shatter, chip, stress, nothing..

They are made of tempered glass. Tempered glass is stronger than regular glass because it is tempered by heat. (sorta like steel is really just tempered iron so it is stronger)

2. the surface is opaque on teh translucent pads. All optical mice work on these pads, both translucent and black. I've been using the translucent pad since the day I received them, and momma has been using a black pad since then. No optical mouse has ever given me a single problem on any of them.

(I wouldn't rate these so high and ask if everyone wanted one if there was even the slightest defect or problem with them, you can be assured of that)

3. I've never heard of a mouse that wouldn't work on a totally smooth surface. I think you are thinking of glass surface, which will not work with optical mice since the laser has nothing to track from (ie it bounces the laser off the surface and calculates from there...if it is on see-through glass, it has nothing to bounce off as the light from the laser goes right through the glass)

I'm interested...

But I got a dumb question: from the picture I've seen, there's 6 rubber feets around the edges and none on the center. Is there a possibility that the center area could warp?

I'm interested...

But I got a dumb question: from the picture I've seen, there's 6 rubber feets around the edges and none on the center. Is there a possibility that the center area could warp?

no chance at all in warping...it is tempered glass

mine have not warped in 18 months and neither will yours in 800 months (glass might wear slowly but it will never warp)