Question about Raid 0 Setup

This is kinda late as I have had this system for the longest time, but I am still curious about the highpoint built raid. I have a raid 0 right now as you can see below in my sig. I have the two maxtor ide drives in the high point raid setup as one ide cable. Would I benefit and would it work to seperate them to work in seperate channels on the high point ide channels?

dja2k

Guest YuKoN

i would think they'd be better on seperate cables. the performance gains may not be that great- but it couldn't hurt.

I only have two drives though, would I still be able to rebuilt my raid 0 only which requires only two drives? I was just wondering this because my raid 0 on the ICH5R is like two times faster in read and write than the high point raid, given though ICH5R are SATA 150 drives and the High Point drives are IDE 133.

OFF POST TOPIC:

I see you're into overclocking, as my setup is a 2.4ghz @ 3.2ghz at FSB 267, do you think I would benefit changing my cpu to the 3.0ghz Prescott and overclock it to 3.75 (average I seen people overclock it) though making my memory run at a lower FSB to achieve that 3.75 ghz overclock. The OEM chip for that 3.0 ghz has gone down to $110 average. Quote from soomeone who has this cpu "EO stepping. 3.0GHz overclocked to 4.2GHz. Running 24/7 at 4 GHz on 1.4375 VCore" - hope I can get this high overclock.

dja2k

Guest YuKoN

on topic-

what are your hdtach values for the sata drives? my 'cudas on sata150 ich6r burst at 204 and average around 92. thats just for my curiosity. as far as the ide drives i'd try it both ways with hdtach, and use the faster. they should be recognized either way you try i think. probably not a huge difference either way, but a difference is a difference!

off topic-

the 3.0 are a nice clocker from what i've seen. they'll do almost as fast as my 3.6 in some cases- but my 660 won't go much over 235fsb on this board so it's not the best oc'er out there. still it runs great at 4.10ghz! thats only 500mhz oc, you'll probably get more out of the 3.0.

up to you to decide- if it were me, i'd upgrade to the 3.0- and set up the 2.4 for the wifey or whoever. :)