Sign in to follow this  
Liquidfire

max voltage on ocz pc4000 eb?

I was wondering if people have tried uppin the vdimm past 2.8 on these? says on the website they are rated for up to 2.9 +- 5% without voiding warranty

ive only tried 2.8 and they are pretty cold in the setup. but cant really get em stable past 255.

If you can post a screenshot of A64Info it would be helpful. No more of an overclock then that you shouldn't need that much voltage. You may have reached their limit. Although some clock higher the average is 255 - 260 at 2.5 - 2.7V.. And to reach that it's not uncommon to have to change the timings to 3-3-3.

For 2x1GB sticks you already have good timings at 250. With the multipliers you have to work with you should be able to find a combination for max cpu overclock while leaving the memory close to 250 at 3-3-2. Once you find that combination work on optimizing the secondary timings.

thanks for the info people thats exactly what i was looking for :) i already went ahead last night and pumped them up.

turned the vdimm down to 2.7 3-3-2-7

fsb 280 on a 9/10 divider so the mem is runnin just over 250 seems to be goin smooth, ill have to do some more testing later.

The sticks will boot into windows up to 265 but wont do 3d untill turned down to into the 250's. almost seems like this ram has a tendency to be jumpy once in a game tho, is this me or somthing im doin?

The sticks will boot into windows up to 265 but wont do 3d untill turned down to into the 250's. almost seems like this ram has a tendency to be jumpy once in a game tho, is this me or somthing im doin?

It's not you. CE-6 is not normally stable at as high of an overclock in 3d apps as it is in 2d. That's just the nature of this particular memory.

relaxing the timings will not help 3d stability. Most 2d programs plain and simple, don't use alot of ram, and hence the stability. play with voltage and drive strength together.