Sign in to follow this  
lt72884

No Post Or Video Detected

ok so i have read 2 threads on hear that have the exact same issue as me. i turn it on and NO POST. i got the fast beep once saying that there is a post but it says NO VIDEO SIGNAL on my moniter. i swich moniters with my bros and it does the same thing. i have used ONE stick of ram and the same thing. NO POST AND NO SIGNAL.. i checked to make sure the 8 pin cpu power is hooked up and it is. BTW this is NOT my computer, its my friends in cali and im in utah. he is bran new at pc's and this is his FIRST build.. i had him plug in the 4 pin molex conector above thePCIE 1 slot just in case. we CANT get into BIOS CUZ there is no post or video. (i capsed some words for umph, im not yelling,LOL) still no go. NO sound card installed, just the bare minimum. he gets debug codes of C1 and C4 and the manual says noithing of it. we have tryed to hit the delete key to see if we can get into bios to manuly set the ram timings. and nothing. nothing what soever. it might be something simple cuz im not there. another debug code is a C and a backwards 4.. plz help if u can... also we cleared cmos and made sure that pin 1 and 2 have the jumper camp on them. pin 3 is exposed

he has the amd x2 4200

wd 250GB 7200rpm 16mb cache

OCZ 2X1GB ddr400 pc 3200 platnium ed. advertised at 2-3-2-5.

x-fi.

enermax liberty 620watt psu just like mine

This may be a stupid question, but have you tested the video card? Put it in another system and see if it works! You might have tryed that though, sorry if you did!

its not a stupid question, he cant test it in another machine because he does not have an extra machine with pcie on it. its an old school agp asus board. also one thing that bugs me about this board is that u have to set up a jumper for the keyboard to even work. why is that. or am i reading the online manual wrong. says jumper for ps/2 usb mouse and keyboard.. but i thought power should go to the keyboard automatically. any way i told him to take it to a local pc shop and test the board and video card. but thatns for the input and sorry for the late reply

what else could it be. my guess is either bad gpu or mobo. we tested each stick of ram sepeartly to see if that was it.

Which motherboard is it? When building my girlfriend's computer, we had a similar problem. It just wouldn't display anything on either of her graphics cards (dual 6600GTs). We finally just RMA'd it back to newegg (which took a couple weeks because they were being stupid). Voila! New motherboard worked.

EDIT: FYI we had a SLI-D in her rig, just like mine.

LOL we figured it out. just know. he called me up and said that his systme speaker wasnt hooked up and that its throwing a dram error. so he is buying new ram. hopefully its ram and not bad mobo.

ok we found out that its not his ram but the mobo. both his ram sticks work in a diff machine and niehter of them work in the dfi board. maybe we are missing something else. for it to beep like that saying there is no memery present and to throw a beep code. wouldnt that be because the ram needs to be manuly set. or could it be a bad board that just wants to beep

sorry for sucjh a long break on this topic, we have had a couple of family members pasaway so we had funerals. anyway he tryed each stick seperately in his machine and nothing. he tryed each stick on his brothers machine and viola they worked. so he is RMA'ing the mainboard. thanx for all the help guys. i will keep u posted

YAY the new mainboard worked. i told him to run a memtest for 12 hours or so. he did and it found nothing, so his ram is good. he is currently installing the os and software today after work. anyway thanx for the help.