220 CFM 120mm Case Fan by Delta

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look familiar.....and thats not a good thing... These look like the fans that are used in enclosures for large industrial machines...I work with very large packaging and bottling machines and to cool the control systems racks we use fans like that....They are insanely loud...the Silverstone fans will be just fine

Guest element

*shudders

Keep away from those fans it can't be said enuf. Mate of mine had an 80mm version and we could hear it above the other 5 pcs at LAN.

I have the 130CFM delta on the side window and it is way louder than any of my fans, but I have it on my Zalman fan mate so I can adjust it to a more acceptable db. As this fan is twice as powerful and almost twice as noisy I doubt I would ever have it at full power.

With mine every now and again I hear a buzz and a snap but its not anything wrong with the fan, Just the occasional house fly getting sucked in and diced, although with this new delta you might loose a house pet or two..:D

OMG! Thats going to be so friggin loud if you buy that.

You have to consider things from a different perspective. Just because your fan has an insane CFM, that doesn't mean that it can necessarily produce insane temps. There is only so much aircooling can do. You will hit a temperature wall. Thats all there is too it. No matter how much more powerful your fan is, you will hit a wall.

Consider a different fan, 65dB is unacceptable from any viewpoint. But if you REALLY think you can handle it, then I'm not the one to tell you not to buy it. But I would stick with the Silverstones.

check this out

http://www.subzeropcs.com/delta_tfb1212ghe...0mm_x_38mm.html

Has anybody used these?

i just baught two Silverstone 120mm because they were 110 CFM :confused: ....

Should i send them back or what?

Hey bud, I use the 190CFM delta fan, just to let you know I had to only use the 3pin molex in my case because it literally sounds like OIUAOIFDJNOKFHP(UJ)(U*#@()

It's really unbearable. Make sure to invest in THICK foam like STUDIO THICK foam to cover the inside of your case.

My temps were great like 29 degrees great but I couldnt stand the sound so when I changed it to the 3pin molex it jumped to about 33 degrees. I got to panaflows to account for intake and outtake. It is a good compromise, that and the sound is more like a server, compared to an Airport. Overall, I say good luck to ya.