2x1GB RAM on DFI LANPARTY NF2 ULTRA B

Which brand/type do you guys suggest??I'd like to add 2x1gb on my pc since 2x256 is too low!I'd like something that works,and has some overclocking capabilities(smthing like 220mhz fsb would be nice!)

Which brand/type do you guys suggest??I'd like to add 2x1gb on my pc since 2x256 is too low!I'd like something that works,and has some overclocking capabilities(smthing like 220mhz fsb would be nice!)

I don't know for sure but if there's any chance of a minor FSB OC with 2x1GB then something like this may work: http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=273

--Fernando

I would say that anything that is TCCD based should be fine as long as your not looking to overclock the fsb. You should also be aware that you will have to run at 2T, it will need to be set at 2T before you put the ram in. If it is'nt you won't be able to get into the bios, because it won't boot.

The nf4 section has alotta' info on 2x1gb sticks. But how some of them will runn in nf2's it's really hard sayin' I think "uwackme" has reported 230fsb with some I think t1.(Not totally sure though) And which ones I'm not certain. Thats on his heavily modded infinity.

Edit: I think the samsungs for 1gig are UCCC.

I think 2x1 GB RAM sticks could work decently in this MoBo, and AFAIK Hynix BT-D43 chipset based RAM module is your best shot, beside perhaps RAM module with chipset from Micron. One thing for sure, Samsung UCCC is a bad performer in NF2, based on my experience using my friend RAM sticks out of his NF4 rig. Won't boot @200 MHz, work only @180 MHz max timing 2.5-4-4-11.

There is noone in here with 2 gigs running stable on nforce2?

I am using two Apacer 1 GB UNB PC3200 CL3 (P/N: 77.G1136.40G).

Memory chips are Samsung K4H510838C-UCCC.

Using both sticks dual channel I can go up to 220 MHz FSB without errors in Memtest86+ . Between 220-260 errors only in Test5. At 270 some errors also in Test8. 260 MHz FSB was even Pifast stable in Windows XP but Superpi 1M failed. (Bios was then official 2004/11/24).

After flashing SX-24 Bios I continued testing. Dual sticks gives errors at 220 MHz in Test5. Only one stick in slot3 250 MHz FSB is Memtest86+ stable but 260 gives 6 errors Test5 and 2 errors Test8 but I only tried two different Drives&Slews combinations. First was Neo´s recommended 4-1/1-1 which gave lots of errors also in other Tests and then tried Gothic´s 5-11/5-10 which were better. Maybe finding right D/S-combination gives stability also at 260 or even higher. I was using E-A-E-11-4-4-4-3-13-15-1T timings (Alfas on auto). No help using CMD 2T. Memory voltage 2.67V which lowest in my MoBo (setting AUTO or 2.6). Rising voltage 2.77 or 2.87 no difference.

Because testing with 2 GB takes very long time I have not yet even tried to swap sticks or one stick in slot1/slot2 but I try it next time.

Jarmo

I have a pair of 1gb Infineon chipped modules in my board and I hate 'em. I'm still playing with getting tighter timings right now, but anything above 200FSB is a no go. Plan on cutting down to 2x512 OCZ so I can ratchet everything up.