Memory problems on nF3 Ultra-D

Hi,

I have recently purchased a nF3 Ultra-D and an Atholon 3500+.

I have used all the old parts off my old P4 3Ghz system which never had any issues.

Since upgrading, the system hangs loading Windows in one of 2 places, either as the Win256.bmp fades in or about a second before the screen goes blue and the login box would appear.

I have been told by DFI tech support that I should replace my memory with some proper memory and I'm looking to find the cheapest solution (I'm not planning to overclock).

I have read the guide http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24719 which seems a little out of date (model wise).

I have found some 'OCZ Premier Dual Channel Kit 2x512MB DDR400 PC3200 CL 2.5-3-3-7' on www.ebuyer.com for £63 which aren't listed on the above guide. Would this be a good buy for me or can anyone recommend something better for a similar price?

Thanks in advance,

James

Well there's no need to up grade your memory in less its broke or your going to get a 1 gig stick now and another one later. if you cant just get 2x1 gig.

#1 you need to run memtest from the bios and check to make sure your memory is stable enough to load your OS. If you cant run memtest from Bios ? turn off usb keyboard and mouse support in bios. then it will work

#2 Do you know what chips are on your memory?

#3 If thats a used board and you didnt reset your bios before setting it up your way. your going to have big headack