My nightmare...REVISITED

So after about 2-3 weeks of problems, I spent 80 bucks for a new mobo (asus) and am reinstalling windows right now.

After windows reinstall I will load up bf2 and see if the game works.. If everything is fine...

that means my DFI mobo was the culprit as previously thought.

Guest GripS

good luck with your plug and play motherboard. I hope you weren't replacing your old motherboard solely on issues with BF2 because it's a game with flaws for sure.

Jump ship??

I still havent even gotten an RMA cause the techs believe nothing is wrong.. I had to dish out 80 bucks for another mobo to prove them wrong..

I told OCZ that my mem might be causing my problems..they said go ahead and send it back for testing or rma..

I old dfi techs that my mobo might be causing problems.. they said 99% of their mobos dont cause problems.. I guess mine was the 1%.

I'm still going to try to rma my mobo since im not in the mood to toss away 120 bucks. Once I get it back I will probably just build another pc on the board.

Otherwise..I'm not jumping ship because the mobo is crapped out. I'm just pissed with the customer service.

Paying for a new mobo is about the same I'm going to pay for on the rma shipping. No way was I going to buy another dfi board if Im having trouble rma'n the first damn one.

Guest Kobalt
i fhe is in NY and it costs 120 to ship an RMA in, I must have Raped Fedex paying only 21.00 to send in my board :)

Maybe he wants to send it priority overnight, with a few lumps of coal in it also? :D

That should put the value at around $80-90... ;)