Lanparty NF3 Ultra D BIOS and Booting issues

Hi,

I've had my NF3 mobo for about 6 months. It's always been a bit buggy at, although perfectly stable in Windows.

The main issues is saving settings in the BIOS. When I first got the mobo and connected all my hard disks, it would only boot from SATA 2 and 3. I upgraded the BIOS to 7/11 which fixed that problem, but if I changed the boot order for the hard disks, after I saved the change and rebooted. The computer would hang and a completely blank screen - no POST beap codes at all. The only way I could get it to boot was to physically clear the BIOS, make the bios changes (execpt hard disk boot order) and save. I had to physically move the hard disks to different sata ports to get the correct disk to boot. It has been working fine until now. I installed some new ram (1Gb Patriot PDC1G3200LLK) and went into the BIOS just to check it was being seen. I noticed that the bios time was out a few minutes, so I changed it. Then the blank screen problem happened again. With the same solution - clear the bios to get it to boot, but now I can't make any changes in BIOS. Not even the time! The new ram works fine (memtest86 ok) and the system is still stable in Windows - I have never had a blue screen.

Can any help?

Thanks...:confused:

If you are doing any overclocking you should use SATA ports 3&4 on the nf3 Ultra-D board. SATA ports 1&2 are not locked. Check this thread, it may get you started.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35222

You should also check out this thread that may help you with the dorked SATA, BIOS, changing clock time save settings weirdness.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43934

See if this helps :rolleyes: