Sign in to follow this  
drummer4lifex

CFX3200-DR won't run past 270 FSB

Hello everyone! This is my first post! I first attempted to solve this problem at overclock.net, but I figured that I should probably ask the experts instead. This is actually for my brother's computer (the one in the sig) and if I like this board, I believe I will get one for myself. But anyway...

I cannot get this board stable past 270 FSB and it is hindering a great overclock on the Opty 146. Even with multiplier settings of HTT 3x, CPU 8x, and DRAM 2/3 the FSB isn't stable at 271 or above. Is there some sort of setting I missed? I even have only one DIMM of RAM in the farthest orange slot from the CPU (I picked up on that earlier while reading around for this board :) )

Any help would be greatly appeciated!

EDIT: And the Opty was Prime95 stable at 2700Mhz with the RAM at a 3/4 divider.

Another EDIT: The board is also not stable at 270, 8x CPU, 3x HTT, and 2/3 divider with a 1.34v LDT Bus (I bumped it up one)

what are your HT drivestrengths (NMOS/PMOS/BUS Reciever Impedance), LDT Multi, MAL/RP set at?

the board appears to have no issue with 350+ HTT.

set the PLL to highspeed.

MAL/RP are Max Async Latency and Read Preamble. You can give NMOS, PMOS 31 and reciever impedance 10...or at least that's what works for me.

What should i set them to? I tried setting them to 9.5ns and 15ns (the highest they would go) and I still was unstable. I enabled memtest and it didn't pass once, they were all errors. I'm thinking for some reason the board doesn't like the divider, but I highly doubt this memory could possibly run 1:1. Maybe I should give 'er a shot at 270 3-4-4-8 and up the DRAM voltage a bit.