Sign in to follow this  
by -=Merlin=-

New Bios Mod DFI Expert

I've got a problem with the bios.

I flash it but, at boot, the date in down left of the screen is not the good.

it's always the date of the precedent bios. (10-07-06)

look at this screen of Cpuz and Everest Ultimate Edition 3.50 :

merlinyt9.th.jpg

it's strange......

have you the same problem.

thanks.

Pink.

nb : I follow this topic by Douirc....It works the last time for the precedent bios :

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...98&postcount=45

"there's a much simpler approach. I would highly suggest downloading the executable from DFI's website that creates the floppy disk for you. then, just copy over the old bin file with Merlin's new bin file and change the autoexec.bat file to point to the new file. it's very simple:

EDIT the autoexec.bat file so it looks like this:

@echo off

cls

@ECHO OFF

A:AWDFLASH EX100706.BIN /cks/sn/py/cc/cd/cp/wb/ld/qi

echo "The version of BIOS was inaccurate,"

echo "Please remove the floppy, download the right one and re-flash."

@ECHO OFF"

and there, I change EX100706 by EX041106.

Hi douirc, I still have to try and push my memory so far, with previous bioses it was difficult for me going over 265 mhz with decent timings and not too much overvolt (I tried 2.77v). Let me know your timings (also @280) and I'll let you know if they work for me. Btw according to your sig, your ram is not the same as mine (2 x OCZ EL Gold GX XTC 1GB). Cheers!

Alma, we definately have the same sticks. I just left out the EL part. They're the same. I emailed OCZ and they sent me this link:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost....546&postcount=6

the settings have worked perfectly. I've got the memory up to 280 1:1 with these timings, 14 hours prime stable.

someone can tell me if the date during the boot have changed or if it's normal that the date during the boot still 10-07-06 indeed 04.11.06 ?

thanks.

Pink.

someone can tell me if the date during the boot have changed or if it's normal that the date during the boot still 10-07-06 indeed 04.11.06 ?

thanks.

Pink.

Yes the same problem overhere !:)

Alma, we definately have the same sticks. I just left out the EL part. They're the same. I emailed OCZ and they sent me this link:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost....546&postcount=6

the settings have worked perfectly. I've got the memory up to 280 1:1 with these timings, 14 hours prime stable.

Hi douirc, tested your timings at 280 1:1, no way to get into Windows even wit 2.77 vram, I guess you have a lucky ram week. The best I could do was 270 1:1 with the timings reported in my previous post but I didn't tested much further. I guess 280 1:1 is a kind of record for this ram, the current best according to xtremesystems is 275 1:1

Major | 2x1GB OCZ PC4000 EL Gold - Samsung UCCC | 3-4-4-8 1T @ 275MHz | 2.7v | Link! - SPi 32M Stable: Yes

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.p...729&postcount=1

Hey guys, I have a DFI NF4 SLI INFINITY Motherbroad and two sticks A-DATA DDR566 RAM , does this bios work for me? I saw everyone have Lanparty Broad here.