Intels Multiplyer

Guest YuKoN
']how much is the stock multiplyer??

n when its an unlocked multiplyer how can u find out ?? it says x 18.0 on cpz in blue

Intel's multiplier is only unlocked on ES engineering sample processors. Retail processors are all locked by the multiplier being burned onto the chip. There is no possible mod to change the multiplier. In some cases, as in the 6xx series cpus(possibly others too), there is a minimize ratio setting. My 660 is x18 multi- but reverts to x14 during C1E function(at idle), or during throttling. I can minimize my multi to stay at 14 all the time, by mobo bios settings.

As per forum rules and a locked thread if I remember correctly. Theoretically an ES CPU will have the Multiplier unlocked downwards same as A64 CPU's. Most ES CPU's are top of the multiplier CPU's, wherever it tops out would be the MHZ designation so to speak.

As per forum rules and a locked thread if I remember correctly...

The forum rules have multiplier info? J/K LOL, don't mean to make fun, I have no clue what you are talking about there. :confused:

I see Happy's post, but it's not in the rules, must have slipped his mind. Should be added by warez etc.. Thanks for the info.

Actually he was talking about selling the hardware

Everyone should remember this please...no confidential/ES hardware is to be sold or even talked about being sold on this forum.

I see Happy's post, but it's not in the rules, must have slipped his mind. Should be added by warez etc.. Thanks for the info.

Actually he was talking about selling the hardware

No a little more than that. But mainly if you have one dont be bragging about it or start making posts in addition to selling it. EE edition also had unlocked multies but then you were paying for the top CPU they had.

']noo noo im not selling the cpu.. i just wanted to knoe if how can u tell if it had locked or unlocked soo i can oc my cpu

i didnt in no way say "how much can i sell my cpu"

Glad you explained that. ;)

What you will need to do is:

A. Look at the top of the CPU and find the 5 digit alphanumeric sSPEC number.

B. Write the sSPEC number down on a piece of paper for reference.

C. Go to www.intel.com.

D. Enter in the sSPEC number in the search bar (at the top-right of their webpage) and press Enter.

E. The first or 2nd selection of the results should link to the specifications of your CPU.