Titan Quest multiplayer here

Angry_Games

its all on Hamachi

the community is crying for THQ to come up with closed servers like Bnet but it ain't gonna happen this time around

sounds good. i will most likely get the game tomorrow (if the local stores are open/they have it).

you use patch 1.08? or you use something else now?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What levels are you guys playing at online now?

Edit: Well, just found out why I had stopped playing it. I've been glitched! I can't get through a door that leads to the guy with the boat in Greece, I can't even talk with the guy in front of the door...wouldn't be all THAT bad except I'm in Epic and level 37...so I guess i'll have to get a buddy on to give me the next portal.

*sigh*

I want to start a new character, however playing alone is pretty boring, and the hamachi server is full. H_G, perhaps we could start a pool to pitch in for a registered version of Hamachi so that it doesnt fill up so fast? Anyways, when a spot opens, ill be making my new guy =]

I suppose that I should have read a little more on how the networks are setup. I didn't realize there were limits on how many people could be attached to a network overall, not just at one time. Or that when I closed Hamachi, my spot was saved on the network. I'll go ahead and drop out of it when I get home from work in 4 days (or you can boot me H_G if you don't want to wait that long).

I'm just gone too often with work to use up one of the limited spots.

What levels are you guys playing at online now?

Edit: Well, just found out why I had stopped playing it. I've been glitched! I can't get through a door that leads to the guy with the boat in Greece, I can't even talk with the guy in front of the door...wouldn't be all THAT bad except I'm in Epic and level 37...so I guess i'll have to get a buddy on to give me the next portal.

*sigh*

dan that happend to me in level 30. I got it fixed as so i can move on but I lost all my quest

well i see a game by the name of Kranky..but i cannot join since i havent unlocked that difficulty yet... time for SP.

don't worry we'll be playing regularly

momma, Daemon (he's my buddy but doesn't hang out in the forums), msmolt, his wife Miss Anita, Krank and her current bf as well as ex-husband, technorapervan, and a few others are almost always playing

we've received Darkstar One game so we might put some time into that for a bit but have no fear, Titan Quest IS the game for all of us right now, and the furthest I've been in the game is about halfway through Epic (so I've only really completed about 50% of the game)

This will give some of you new guys a chance to learn the ropes of the game (very simple to play, but there's a good deal of strategy in choosing classes, etc, as well as the fun of hunting down good loot!) and when we all play, we do stuff like

play with your current character (we try to use characters that are within 3-5 levels max from each other, so if we play with lvl 20 characters, you want to be usually 17-23 so there's no balance issues)

start a fresh game with all new players (this is always fun even though it seems repetitive...we use fresh new characters and do not 'farm' or 'mule' items from other characters...we only use the loot found within that game, and we ONLY play those characters when we are all together (Daemon and I have 3 sets of these characters...two sets we have played together and never by ourselves, and the third set is one with momma's character so we all 3 are always at the same level)

kill Typhon a few times to gather good loot (ie we just get into a game, go straight to Typhon, kill him, collect the badass loot, rinse and repeat..this is more to get killer items for Epic/Legendary play)

keep in mind also that everyone plays differently...some like to rush through the game and only do main quests, kill things, snap up their loot, and rush to the next fight.

momma, Deamon and I...we play sorta slow...we'll explore almost all of the map, do all the main and side quests, we generally have to stop every 10-15 minutes when someone gains a level or gets new badass loot and takes a moment to fiddle with their character a bit, sometimes we take a snack break, etc (ps we don't like loot-mongerers...if good green, blue, or purple loot falls, we stand around and discuss who might need it the most *a lot of loot is character/class specific etc*).

Oh, and we are ALWAYS on Teamspeak so we can talk with voice while we are playing

if you play, make sure you have headset + mic, and you don't have it set to voice-activated (use a hotkey to push-to-talk). And make sure you got all the volumes proper so when you go to talk to us, the crash of swords ringing in the game doens't drown out what you are saying through your mic and piss us off haha

Teamspeak:

http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads&id=1a

or

http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads&id=1b

Hamachi:

http://63.208.197.224/files/HamachiSetup-1.0.0.61-en.exe

Hamachi Instructions:

Install Hamachi, during setup disable vulnerable Windows Services, then join this network with this password:

Network: DFI-Street

Password: dfistreet

MAKE SURE that use that exact format...capital letters and small letters, exactly as above!

here's how to setup Teamspeak:

here's how to setup Teamspeak:

this is what you see when you first start up Teamspeak. Fill in the server info exactly as it is here, give yourself a nickname, and set the default channel as per my pic:

teamspeak1.gif

if you did it correctly, this is what you see when you connec:

teamspeak2.gif

next, up on the toolbar, is Settings.

Click it, then Sound Input/Output settings, and make it look like this:

teamspeak3.gif

you can set the Push To Talk hotkey as anything you want, but you should play a little Titan Quest first to see what keys the game uses. I use Caps Lock because it is not used in TQ, and I don't type to anyone in TQ so I don't worry about all-caps (since we are talking via voice)

once that is done, click Settings again, then Options, and follow along on the tabs:

teamspeak4.gif

teamspeak5.gif

(this box is checked so the program doesn't announce in a mechanical voice everytime someone joins or leaves etc...it's quite annoying)

teamspeak6.gif

32 up and 64 down = excellent voice quality while using minimal bandwidth.

Get on, when someone else is on, make sure both of you are quality volume and sound (no one is too loud, too soft, etc), and then enjoy!