nforce drivers 6.86

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After I installed this and the combination of the new 91.31 Forceware, I eneded up putting my machine into a neverending reboot. It would boot into Safe Mode fine. Ended up having to uninstall all nvidia drivers and install one at a time. But it seems to me like I can operate windows much further without crashing (need more RAM tweaking) at about 3100Ghz.

The nVidia Audio Drivers should not cause problems. If you are having problems you should check your rig for stability.

If you're running a RAID array, the nVidia IDE drivers are needed and will install automatically.

I installed these drivers the day they were posted on nvidia's website.

First I uninstalled everything (Add/Remove Programs -> Nvidia Drivers -> Remove ALL nvidia drivers), then I ran DriverCleaner Pro and removed all the remaining traces.

I then proceeded to install them (I unchecked 'Nvidia Audio Drivers', they cause stability problems and BSODs on my rig). I also decided to stick with the MS IDE driver, since Nvidia's IDE SW seems unstable.

All seems fine, no probs whatsover.

P.s. A question: even after having declined the installation of the IDE SW drivers, on Device Manager -> IDE/ATAPI Controllers, the controllers' properties pages are NVidia customized... Is that right?

Ok, so I just installed the new IDE drivers, thought I'd give them a go since I'm still on the defalt windows drivers.

Now for some reason my SATA drive shows up a 'Safely remove hardware' icon in the task bar ?!

Did I do something wrong? All I installed from the package were the IDE drivers.... Is there a way I can get rid of the icon?

Cheers Guys.

Ok, so I just installed the new IDE drivers, thought I'd give them a go since I'm still on the defalt windows drivers.

Now for some reason my SATA drive shows up a 'Safely remove hardware' icon in the task bar ?!

Did I do something wrong? All I installed from the package were the IDE drivers.... Is there a way I can get rid of the icon?

Cheers Guys.

No no, its normal... dont worry, its saata hot swap, "new feature" you had it on 6.7 too... as long as the ide sw drivers are installed, it will show, you can get rid of it, just dont press it by mistake :)

No no, its normal... dont worry, its saata hot swap, "new feature" you had it on 6.7 too... as long as the ide sw drivers are installed, it will show, you can get rid of it, just dont press it by mistake :)

Cool, It's the first time I've run the IDE drivers hence the confusion. I just tryed doing things the right way by removing all things nVidia, drivercleaner in safe mode, then installing all the new package of drivers, as well as the Vid forceware.... All is well, but the icon is still there; Guess I can live with it for now.

Might be time to see if I can now get my Prime/3d05/06 stable 2850GHz OC to run a successful 3d03 bench:)

I've been using active armor since version 6.70 released. mostly no problems. When I do have a problem with a corrupt download I just click to shut off firewall, download file, then turn fire wall back on, and all is well. I haven't had any download issues with this version yet though. My driver install went without a hitch. I only uninstalled ethernet drivers prior. I used all drivers except audio.

Cool, It's the first time I've run the IDE drivers hence the confusion. I just tryed doing things the right way by removing all things nVidia, drivercleaner in safe mode, then installing all the new package of drivers, as well as the Vid forceware.... All is well, but the icon is still there; Guess I can live with it for now.

Might be time to see if I can now get my Prime/3d05/06 stable 2850GHz OC to run a successful 3d03 bench:)

Its easy to run 3dmark when you are not 100% stable. Super Pi is the best to start off with - as this is quicker and more forgiving than Prime. If you are 32M Super Pi stable, you should be able to bench 3dmark.

But if it can't pass Prime, it is not 100% stable, and those scores are not really legit - I mean, you are really only cheating yourself - random restarts after hours of uptime is frustrating.