nforce drivers 6.86

The drivers aren't installing correctly here. I've uninstalled the Nforce drivers and used DCPro to clean registry and other files

Nforce 6.86 installed:

nforce6869uz.th.jpg

Nforce 6.70 installed:

nforce6701ik.th.jpg

I had to uninstall everything. Then I had to clean with nVidia chipset and nVidia (gfx). Then installed them one by one in safe mode with restarts in between. I did chipset drivers first, then display...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to uninstall everything. Then I had to clean with nVidia chipset and nVidia (gfx). Then installed them one by one in safe mode with restarts in between. I did chipset drivers first, then display...

Oh God... it's too much just for new drivers...

Ethernet> restart

IDE> restart

Was it like that?

I htink I'll really keep the 6.70.

i didnt have to do restart between them all...

but nevermind, they are working a-ok for now...

as for the ide sw drivers, if you want NCQ, you have to install them, if not, i dunno, its mixed, some have probs with them, some dont.

but the armor, STAY AWAY! :P

Oh God... it's too much just for new drivers...

Ethernet> restart

IDE> restart

Was it like that?

I htink I'll really keep the 6.70.

No.

Uninstall all nVidia in XP, prompts for reboot.

Safe mode.

Just 6.86 install - all but SW IDE and Active Armor.

Restart. Safe mode

Forceware 91.31 install.

Restart.

Blammo, everything comes up roses...

i woudlnt install the 91.31 drivers, they are causing a lot of people a lot of grief. stay with the older set, 84 something

Fair enough. I know lotsa people reporting SLI issues with them. They work really well for me and give me a little boost in 3dmark and other benches - but there are definitely safer revisions out there...

I use the IDE SW drivers.

Since the nf4 boards first came out, the Nvidia RAID(chip/sata controller) BIOS has been updatedmaybe that is why we dont see many people with the problem anymore.

Use the IDE SW drivers and see what happens.

(Raid bios gets flashed when you flash the bios.)

well, if you have complete stucks or reboots, just goto event viewer, and see if the ide something something drivers were just running, i had it with the 6.7 drivers, had a lot of stucks, saw it, did fall back for the MS drivers and it was fixed...

no probs yet with the new ones though

yup, its the same over here, it wasnt like this in 6.7

Same here. The drivers are all working fine, but the installer package didn't update mine right. After installing the drivers, I checked and I saw that the sata controller driver didn't change. I had to go to update driver and point it to the 6.86 sata raid folder for it to work.

As you found out it doesn't install the pata/ide driver either. I had to go to "standard dual channel PCE IDE controller" to update driver. I had to check "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and click on "nvidea nForce4 Parallel ATA controller" and point it to the 6.86 Ide folder. Then it couldn't find 3 or 4 files and I had to point it to sata raid folder.

Everything is working great now, but it was a real pain in the butt. I've never had this problem updating an nVidea driver set.