nforce drivers 6.86

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well did a little bit of digging and came across some interesting changes. tho i cant confirm what any of them do.

Start with the installation notes: the newests driver adds this interesting little note to the directions:

Uninstall any existing nForce networking drivers prior to installing this package.

quite a few driver changes it seems.

6.70 Drivers

* Audio driver version 4.62 (WHQL)

* Audio utility version 4.51

* Ethernet NRM driver version 4.82 (WHQL)

* Network management tools version 4.88

* SMBus driver version 4.50 (WHQL)

* Installer version 4.93

* Legacy PATA RAID driver version 5.52

* SATA RAID driver version 5.52 (WHQL)

* IDE driver version 5.52 (WHQL)

* RAIDTOOL application version 5.52

6.86 Drivers

* Audio Driver (v4.65) "WHQL"

* Audio Utility (v4.51)

* Ethernet Driver (v50.25) "WHQL"

* Network Management Tools (v50.19)

* SMBus Driver (v4.57) "WHQL"

* Installer (v4.89)

* WinXP IDE SataRAID Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"

* WinXP IDE SataIDE Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"

* WinXP RAIDTOOL Application (v6.63)

as you can see everything but the audio utility driver has been updated aswell as 1 removed according to this list.

But judging from the list of upgrades i would say they made a change to the network in some way, maybe that means they finally fixed the ide, and firewall/active armor issues?

Guest mars

I tried the install by removing all but the display driver and then using DC Pro in safe mode I cleaned the previous install using the nVidia Chipset Driver profile. I installed 6.86 and then restarted. I had some errors coming into Windows (dialogues) and then when I open Device Manager, I see a few devices with the error icon.

I am going to uninstall all of the nVidia drivers, remove the directory and try again...

Guest mars

Update: I took out all of the nVidia drives with Driver Cleaner, and the directory - and installed everyting from scratch in safe mode and everything works beautifuly. Very stable ;)

I installed the drivers, no problems at this moment

I now can readout my internet traffic again with DUMeter :) , which i couldn't with the earlier drivers on the nforce LAN port.