Sign in to follow this  
synapsis

X-Treme G Forceware Drivers

Hey all, thought I would do some more posting as I'm stuck at work today and it is DULL.

Wanted to share these driver links as they have proved AMAZING for me.

JRd1st and GOZ over at TweaksRus have released some stellar Forceware packages, and these are a few of my favourites. I have tried literally everything out there, including tweaking my own drivers. These have consistently been the best overall.

Fastest

Xtreme-G 85.96 - These give the best speed of all drivers for me - and a literally have tried them ALL. I'm picky about quality too and these seem to provide the best balance.

Prettiest

X-Treme G 91.31 - I really like the DVD enhancements and quality on these 9-series drivers, but they're about 2-5% slower across all benchmarks than 85.96. This is the English "Select" release - allows you to choose the new or old control panel which will be active by default.

Other Favourites

Xtreme-G 84.37v2 - Still a favourite. Now eclipsed by 85.96, these still give great FPS and quality in most games. I have heard there are fewer issues with the equivalent nVidia release of this package compared to later releases. However if this translates to XG drivers I don't know - and I've never had a problem either way. This package is almost identical to Goz's XG84.43v2 and XG84.56v3B. Performance is very similar, as is quality.

Xtreme-G 87.25B - This is a beta release, and this installer ONLY tweaks an existing, official install of 87.25. Quality was on par with 91.31, but it was faster - closer to 85.96. This is a great mid-point if you want to strike a balance between quality and performance.

Try these and enjoy. As always make sure you uninstall and clean your old drivers off your system first (for me, this entails: uninstalling in Control Panel, Rebooting, Ignoring Windows Installer attempts, use Driver Cleaner Pro, use a Registry Cleaner, then install).

EDIT: Almost forgot - if you try these and, like me, love them, then maybe find it in your heart to donate. I did, and it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

These will work with my 7900GT right? And are there just tweaked drivers from nVidia? If so maybe they will help my 3D Mark problems.

Got any Info on what would work best for a XFX Geforce NVIDEA 6600

i've xtreme-g drivers the first day i got my 7900gt... i really like the image quality of thier drivers... pretty good drivers they work good with my 7900gt...

These will work with my 7900GT right? And are there just tweaked drivers from nVidia? If so maybe they will help my 3D Mark problems.
Yes, yes and probably!

Got any Info on what would work best for a XFX Geforce NVIDEA 6600
Differences between drivers are similar for all cards - the 85.96 are still the fastest, and would probably be the best bet with a GPU like the 6600. However also try 84.37v2 - this was what I was using when I used to have a BFG6600GTOC, and it worked great - though I assume the 85.96 is still faster.

Peace

synapsis which one of the drivers would you recommend for my 7900GT?
For best performance and bench scores, 85.96.

For best image quality and still great performance, 91.31.

For something in between, 87.25B (bear in mind you need to download and install the Nvidia release package first, then the 87.25B file I linked to. When it installs it will "tweakerize" your nvidia package.)

For the 7900GT I would use the 91.31 with the classic control panel interface - you'll get all the cool new DVD enhancements and great video/3D quality without a huge hit in performance (maybe 2/3% over 85.96) due to the more powerful GPU.

As always, try before you settle - try out a few different packages and see which you like the most. Just remember the proper install/uninstall procedure:

1. Uninstall nvidia graphics drivers from Control Panel

2. Reboot

3. Ignore (cancel) any Windows Installer pop-ups

4. Use Driver Cleaner Pro to clean nVidia graphics files (get it here)

5. Use a registry cleaner to remove invalid registry entries (optional, but reccomended)

6. Install Nvidia Drivers

7. Reboot

8. Run Benchmarks (if desired)

9. Return to step 1 and start again if you want to compare different packages.

10. Remember to donate (even a dollar helps!) to TRU for the great packages.

Peace.

Guest GripS

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll give these a shot even though it seems the 84.21 are suiting me pretty well as it stands:

I'm not complaining by any means but for some odd reason at stock speeds my 7600gt (580/1500) is scoring a lot better then others with the same card in AM3. I score 87,000+ where others are in the high 70,000 range. It's not because of the CPU overclock either as others have had even higher clocks on the CPU and video card and still don't score quite as well.

Hey, I know it's not really the right place to post this :P

I dloaded the 91.28 drivers for my 7900GT, worked fine...

Then, my "monitor GPU temperature" link just disappeard! :confused:

I have reinstalled 3 times

All to no avail...

Help pleassseeeee

Hey, I know it's not really the right place to post this :P

I dloaded the 91.28 drivers for my 7900GT, worked fine...

Then, my "monitor GPU temperature" link just disappeard! :confused:

I have reinstalled 3 times

All to no avail...

Help pleassseeeee

Reinstall coolbits, you will need to everytime you load new drivers.

Munson