Sign in to follow this  
skankinred

Which bios do I use for NF4 LP UT Ultrad-D

Guest Tmod
Never use cmos reloaded from 1 bios to another as you see now.

Am I missing something as I don't see where he said he used the old CMOS reloaded settings from a different bios?

I am getting older though.

Tmod

Ok I just updated to the 04/06 version. A few new things I noticed:

You can type in the fsb(should bus speed really amd64)

Cpu core temp adjust

7/6 & 5/4 memory dividers nice

Yes I used the cmos jumper. I always update, cmos jumper, reboot, load defaults, reboot, then set settings.

No lockups so far. Although the optimized defaults put my memory timing to fast, it's always been normal. Wonder if it'll stay stable.

Thanks for all the help here at dfi street. Another reason why I chose DFI.

So if I may ask...is the 704 bios newer/better than 0404?

I'm still new to the DFI family and want to understand. So sorry for the dumb question...

So people are still using 704bt over 406? Isn't 406 the latest official one? But I guess it's not as good?

I assume 704 is almost as good as official. Since it's reccomended over the 406 here. Try the beta, and if it doesn't work for you, go back to 406.

I have been using diferent bios 6 months ago on my nf4 lp ultra-d, (how i remember those times, so many problems with cold boots and memory) but the day i started using 704-2BTA no problems so far (well, settings help too), over 6 months with an opteron 148 at 2750mhz etcetc hyper stable, no lookups never and i been doing a lot of things, im afraid of updating the bios now, its so hard and time consuming to test for stability.

well, whatever bios works for you is the best one, but many users (as myself) have great results with "704bta".

Unless there are HUGE breakthroughs with new bios or you are extremely board and want to tinker... dont update your working bios.

M2c.

If it aint broken dont fck with it :)