Sign in to follow this  
skankinred

Which bios do I use for NF4 LP UT Ultrad-D

I'm confused on which bios to use from tmods cd. I dont see My NF4 LanPArty UT Ultrad-D on the list. Please help.

nf4menu.jpg

The 704beta at the top is what i should use? Sorry I'm confused since it doesnt say "UT Ultra-D" so I want to make sure its for my system.

Guest Tmod
Sorry I'm confused since it doesnt say "UT Ultra-D" so I want to make sure its for my system.

I placed a banner on the menu for the LanParty NF4 motherboards to avoid confusion on what motherboard's use that bios.

If you will notice the banner it states all NF4 Lanparty's with the exception of the Expert & Venus.

I hope you enjoy the CD!

Tmod

I placed a banner on the menu for the LanParty NF4 motherboards to avoid confusion on what motherboard's use that bios.

If you will notice the banner it states all NF4 Lanparty's with the exception of the Expert & Venus.

I hope you enjoy the CD!

Tmod

Even so, It sounds like it covers All NF4 Lanparty boards. Not the NF4 LanParty UT's. That what it sounded like to me. Maybe a note UT and even if I knew it covered UT boards, I still would have no idea which version to use. Now I know 704beta for dual cores.

Guest Tmod
Not the NF4 LanParty UT's. That what it sounded like to me. Maybe a note UT

I will place the UT in the next release to try and avoid any misunderstanding on what board which menu supports.

I understand that you needed to know what bios to use, And you were right to ask before flashing something that wouldn't work.

Tmod

I updated to 705 but the date at the bottom of the screen during bootup says 7/xx/2005. I thought 704 would be newer.

I reset all the Overclock settings and a few times the bios has locked up on me. Had to pull the plug. Any reasons why the bios would freeze?

I did use cmos reset btw.

Guest Tmod
I updated to 705 but the date at the bottom of the screen during bootup says 7/xx/2005. I thought 704 would be newer.

I reset all the Overclock settings and a few times the bios has locked up on me. Had to pull the plug. Any reasons why the bios would freeze?

I did use cmos reset btw.

Actually 704-2BTA is a older bios, It is still a great bios but there are newer versions out.

If you go to the next menu for the LanParty NF4 you will see some other bios's as well.

You might consider the 04/06 version.

The bios might freeze due to a higher overclock or settings then it likes.

When flashing the bios back everything off to stock settings and then after flashing start the tweak cycle over again.

Did you clear the CMOS with the jumper?

Tmod

Ok I just updated to the 04/06 version. A few new things I noticed:

You can type in the fsb(should bus speed really amd64)

Cpu core temp adjust

7/6 & 5/4 memory dividers nice

Yes I used the cmos jumper. I always update, cmos jumper, reboot, load defaults, reboot, then set settings.

No lockups so far. Although the optimized defaults put my memory timing to fast, it's always been normal. Wonder if it'll stay stable.

Thanks for all the help here at dfi street. Another reason why I chose DFI.