DFI Infinity 975X/G Beta BIOS Release (7/06/2006)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Just flashed it but am having similar problems to the 816 and 823 bios in that i can only get it to boot after a cmos clear.

I was told by some guy over at XS that a read delay of 7 and setting all strengths to 3 should solve that problem but as of yet it hasnt.

Looking at the settings in the bios i am very impressed just frustrated that i cant get it to boot properly.

EDIT: Have got it booting following raju's guide exactly. Time to have some fun!

EDIT2: for anyone trying this bios follow rajus instructions found in this thread and set the mem divider to 400 irrespective of whether you plan to keep it at that setting. from there you can change some things around

Thanks

I)ickie

New bios doesnt yeild any more performance. Its a really weird way though. As when i had a AMD if it was getting a bit weak it would fail prime /spi/ 3dmark or whatever getting close to its limits.

However my Conroe at 378 Does all of this fine. Great in fact. If i move that Bus speed to 380 however doesnt even post.

I want to add a possible suggestion - when I got my setup all I had was a crappy 480W PSU that barely pulled 11.5v on the 12V rail and all I could manage was about 380FSB. Now I have a Rosewill 550W that doesn't get much better voltage on the 12V rail but I am up to 410FSB stable in dual channel (1Gbx2 @ 820mhz) with only a slight bump in CPU voltage. It wouldn't post at 415 so I am stopping at 410 for now.

I think this board, like all DFI boards, needs a solid PSU. I may spring for a baller OCZ PSU just to see what the OC difference is out of this rig.